Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Judy, don't feel bad, I majored in journalism.

Posted by Beverly on 8/10/00 at 17:36 (025147)

Judy,

Don't feel bad, I majored in journalism! News-Ed journalism. I can't spell worth a hoot! That is what spell check is for. Plus, some creative types rely on people like Nancy who can edit our brilliant (but misspelled) ideas!

Beverly

Nancy S. on 8/10/00 at 22:53 (025173)

Ok, I need to tell you all, I don't edit or proofread the posts of others (or myself for that matter). Now and then I can't help trying to correct spellings of terms such as acupuncture or orthotics, because I worry about people trying to search on these topics and not finding all the posts.
Other than that, long ago I made a decision to quit editing or proofreading in my personal life -- big burden. (I used to edit, mentally, even t-shirts walking down the street; restaurant menus -- it was funny but miserable.)
Please all continue to feel relaxed about this so I can too. It's a worthy cause in publishing, and I'm a big believer in that, but can be much too inhibiting and warping in daily, nonpublishing life. So please continue to be free -- I don't want to have to look up the spelling of every word I post either!
--Nancy

Nancy S. on 8/10/00 at 22:53 (025173)

Ok, I need to tell you all, I don't edit or proofread the posts of others (or myself for that matter). Now and then I can't help trying to correct spellings of terms such as acupuncture or orthotics, because I worry about people trying to search on these topics and not finding all the posts.
Other than that, long ago I made a decision to quit editing or proofreading in my personal life -- big burden. (I used to edit, mentally, even t-shirts walking down the street; restaurant menus -- it was funny but miserable.)
Please all continue to feel relaxed about this so I can too. It's a worthy cause in publishing, and I'm a big believer in that, but can be much too inhibiting and warping in daily, nonpublishing life. So please continue to be free -- I don't want to have to look up the spelling of every word I post either!
--Nancy