Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1st day of physio

Posted by KarenS on 8/10/00 at 19:55 (025160)

Well physio wasn't too bad today. I just got my cast off today, so she went easy on me. She did ultra sound on both feet as my good foot is killing me now. We went over a bunch of stretches and I practiced my walking with the crutches. She told me to stay off my feet as much as possible for the first week and to gradually put more weight on my foot and to let the pain be my guide.

I don't go back until Aug. 21st as she's on holidays now, but my PT seemed very nice and gentle with me. I can't say how relieved I am with that cast off and how GREAT it felt putting that leg in the tub after 6 weeks.

I'm a little painful tonight, but not as bad as I thought I would be.

Karen

Re: 1st day of physio

JudyS on 8/11/00 at 01:45 (025187)

Karen - please tell me your 'good' foot isn't sore because of a new case of PF!

KarenS on 8/11/00 at 10:00 (025220)

JUDY: I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT I SURE THINK SO. IT HAS ALL THE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS THATS WHY I GOT THE SURGEON TO PRESCRIBE PHYSIO ON BOTH FEET, NOT JUST THE SURGURY ONE. MAYBE I CAN CORRECT IT BEFORE IT'S AS BAD AS THE OTHER ONE.

JudyS on 8/11/00 at 01:45 (025187)

Karen - please tell me your 'good' foot isn't sore because of a new case of PF!

KarenS on 8/11/00 at 10:00 (025220)

JUDY: I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT I SURE THINK SO. IT HAS ALL THE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS THATS WHY I GOT THE SURGEON TO PRESCRIBE PHYSIO ON BOTH FEET, NOT JUST THE SURGURY ONE. MAYBE I CAN CORRECT IT BEFORE IT'S AS BAD AS THE OTHER ONE.