Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: To Barbara... one other thing about my Floxin experience

Posted by Beverly on 8/10/00 at 21:12 (025165)

Barbara,

One other thing about my Floxin experience. It was right after I took Floxin that I developed the neck/shoulder pain. I was tested and tested and tested. In the end, my doctor concluded I got the neck/shoulder strain either from moving a desk the week before (but I felt no pain at the time) or from being in bed for two weeks solid (trying to recover from a kidney stone that came on the heels of the bladdar infection that was followed by a kidney infection.) At the time this made sense to me. I'd been propped up in bed on pillows reading. It was poor posture, and since I'd had a car wreck some years back and had suffered a neck strain then, I was already prone to it.
After months and months of PT, my neck and shoulder got to a manageable level and I began lifting light weights with no problems. My neck was doing great until a bad episode of PF sent me to crutches. That was a couple of months ago. Now, my neck is once again much better. But it took a month of PT and regular massage.

So I can really feel for you and your chronic pain. I hope you continue to make progress.
Beverly

Re: To Barbara....I can truly empathize

Kate on 11/09/00 at 13:17 (032362)

Message Number 32363
To -Richard C.Ped/Arch Support/Braces View Thread
Posted by Rosie A on 11/09/00 at 13:47

Hi, You mentioned in one of your answer to someone about a type of brace. Do you know if there is something out there that may work for a martial artist? As you can guess, being barefooted is pretty much a necessity so what I've been doing is either taping (when I have time) or wearing ankle wraps to try and keep my arches up(I can't remember who makes them but they look like pre-formed ace bandages) My feet usually start hurting worse after about 20 minutes but they are pretty much as close to pain free as I get when I have my orthodics on. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rosie

Re: To Barbara....I can truly empathize

Kate on 11/09/00 at 13:17 (032362)

Message Number 32363
To -Richard C.Ped/Arch Support/Braces View Thread
Posted by Rosie A on 11/09/00 at 13:47

Hi, You mentioned in one of your answer to someone about a type of brace. Do you know if there is something out there that may work for a martial artist? As you can guess, being barefooted is pretty much a necessity so what I've been doing is either taping (when I have time) or wearing ankle wraps to try and keep my arches up(I can't remember who makes them but they look like pre-formed ace bandages) My feet usually start hurting worse after about 20 minutes but they are pretty much as close to pain free as I get when I have my orthodics on. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rosie