Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heeling... or not...

Posted by Joopie on 8/11/00 at 01:34 (025185)

History: Had EPF on my left foot on March 4, 2000. Then had EPF on my right foot on May 6, 2000. My right foot is healing pretty well - not 100% yet, but noticably better. My left foot is another story. I started getting twinges of pain all along the outside of my foot, as well as up the back of the outside ankle bone. They got worse. Until one day I felt a SEARING pain shoot through the bottom of my foot, and I was limping for a few days before I could see the Pod. He thinks it's from overuse (I did start a new job recently and am on my feet alot), and slapped me in a cam walker, which I wear anytime I'm walking except in the middle of the night if I get up to pee. I've had the cam walker for 2.5 weeks, and will wear it til I see him again on Aug. 29. But it doesn't seem to be working, the walker. I still get pain, and sometimes it wakes me up in the night. I have no idea what the next step might be. It makes me nervous. I don't want another surgery, but can't imagine what else would help. I am SO hoping it isn't something I'll need to learn to 'live with'.

Any ideas? Could use some support here. Thanks!

-Joopie

Re: Heeling... or not...

john h on 8/11/00 at 08:28 (025199)

as dr z frequently post you will need from 6 months to a year for complete healing and to find out where you are. to early to panic and think about more surgery. ice/rest/ice/rest!

Re: Heeling... or not...

john h on 8/11/00 at 08:28 (025199)

as dr z frequently post you will need from 6 months to a year for complete healing and to find out where you are. to early to panic and think about more surgery. ice/rest/ice/rest!