Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott Can't Read All Messages - and Dr. Z....

Posted by Scott R on 8/11/00 at 18:42 (025276)

I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that I'm not able to read all messages and that I just scan the list of 'view messages since your last visit'.

Dr. Z, there is a certain level of complexity that I do not believe we can exceed. I think two different categories for satisfaction would make it more complex than the benefits justify. The blank said 'How satisfied are you so far with the treatment? (10 is the highest)' which I now see is too vague thanks to your comment. It now says: 'So far, how satisfied are you with the benefits of the ESWT treatment? (10 is the highest)'

Thanks again for the comment. That was a fairly serious error. It may also explain why your results have been so good. Now I have a problem. Are the results biased too much in favor of Dr. Z so that I need to delete the results so far for that category?

Re: Scott Can't Read All Messages - and Dr. Z....

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/11/00 at 20:23 (025285)

The point that I am trying to make is this. If you read the literature the results are all over the place. Do you agree???
There is an ossatron patient from your group that rate saftisfaction as an eight . Dr. Weil treated him again after the ossatron trip and I just treated him last week. I do believe that his safisfaction rate was a 8 but why did he go for additional treatment by Dr. Weil and then Dr. Zuckerman . I asked him and he was looking for additional relief which I hope i have given him . He did have alot of pain at the insertion of the central band and the FDB and ADQ. I treated both insertinal site. So long as pain relief is subjective it will be very difficult to rate results. I belive that the sucess rate is somewhere between 60-80. The patient, the doctor and additional type of treatment is important, such as orthosis, and time is very immportant. The only conclusions that I can live with right now are the following about ESWT.

1. Sucess rate somewhere between 60-80 depending on where you read

2. The most important aspect is patient selection and patient's type degree of pain and expectations as to how much relief they will get.

3. Time is a very important factor in healing .

4. ESWT is and should be before any surgery is done for pf.

5. We have to start thinking about much early treatment with ESWT.

Nancy S. on 8/11/00 at 22:45 (025298)

Maybe it's good that you don't read all messages, Scott!
When you eventually get the 'book' ready for publication, though, I think you'll find a lot of material here you may want to use in various ways. You'll have to quit your day job to wade through it, of course.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/11/00 at 20:23 (025285)

The point that I am trying to make is this. If you read the literature the results are all over the place. Do you agree???
There is an ossatron patient from your group that rate saftisfaction as an eight . Dr. Weil treated him again after the ossatron trip and I just treated him last week. I do believe that his safisfaction rate was a 8 but why did he go for additional treatment by Dr. Weil and then Dr. Zuckerman . I asked him and he was looking for additional relief which I hope i have given him . He did have alot of pain at the insertion of the central band and the FDB and ADQ. I treated both insertinal site. So long as pain relief is subjective it will be very difficult to rate results. I belive that the sucess rate is somewhere between 60-80. The patient, the doctor and additional type of treatment is important, such as orthosis, and time is very immportant. The only conclusions that I can live with right now are the following about ESWT.

1. Sucess rate somewhere between 60-80 depending on where you read

2. The most important aspect is patient selection and patient's type degree of pain and expectations as to how much relief they will get.

3. Time is a very important factor in healing .

4. ESWT is and should be before any surgery is done for pf.

5. We have to start thinking about much early treatment with ESWT.

Nancy S. on 8/11/00 at 22:45 (025298)

Maybe it's good that you don't read all messages, Scott!
When you eventually get the 'book' ready for publication, though, I think you'll find a lot of material here you may want to use in various ways. You'll have to quit your day job to wade through it, of course.
Nancy