Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New job puts brings big set back

Posted by Pauline on 8/12/00 at 19:50 (025347)

Sorry to cry on everyone, but I had the fortune to be offered a new
job after leaving my old one last Jan. Fifteen minutes from the house and great part-time hours. Just what I wanted. Started last week. Three days later I couldn't walk. More inflammation than
ever before in both feet. So much for the job. I plan to call
and resign on Monday. Feeling very old and depressed today, but
knowing that you are all out there experiencing the same thing helps. I know I'm not alone, just having a bad day.

Re: New job brings big set back

Pauline on 8/12/00 at 19:53 (025348)

Sorry about the title mess-up. Just anxiety.

Beverly on 8/12/00 at 20:49 (025351)

Pauline,

I feel so bad for you. That has got to be very discouraging.

Do you know which part of the job is increasing the inflammation?
Does the job involve much standing or walking? Do you know what the trigger is or how it could be changed if not at this job, at a future one? Does your husband's income allow your work to be optional or is this something you vitally need to do to pay the bills?

Ice those feet this weekend and be good to yourself,
Beverly

Re: New job puts brings big set back

GinaC on 8/13/00 at 11:18 (025362)

Pauline--I'm so sorry to hear of this setbac and your frustration. It is depressing to have to live and/or plan your life around pf and those 'surprise' setbacks can be devastating emotionally. There are so many disappointments in other areas of life that accompany PF. When I think of all the school field trips for my daughter that I missed due to PF, I'm still resentful. Take at least a day and BE depressed and then regroup and decide what you want to do next. You're certainly not alone in what you're going through, so hang in there. Gina

Re: THANKS EVERYONE --- New job puts brings big set back

Pauline on 8/13/00 at 12:32 (025363)

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone for being there. We all have it
and we are there for eachother. Yesterday was my time of need---all
I needed to do was ask and you were there. Thanks again!

Luckly I don't have to work, but never in my life have I left a job so
fast. Its embarrassing and looks stupid. I hate looking stupid.

Steve P on 8/13/00 at 16:34 (025379)

Pauline --- Please remember that you had a relatively good 5 years (as I recall) between PF episodes. I still think that you can shake this again, even though it obviously is taking longer than you would like.
Hang on & keep pitching....you'll do it again!

Steve

Pauline on 8/12/00 at 19:53 (025348)

Sorry about the title mess-up. Just anxiety.

Beverly on 8/12/00 at 20:49 (025351)

Pauline,

I feel so bad for you. That has got to be very discouraging.

Do you know which part of the job is increasing the inflammation?
Does the job involve much standing or walking? Do you know what the trigger is or how it could be changed if not at this job, at a future one? Does your husband's income allow your work to be optional or is this something you vitally need to do to pay the bills?

Ice those feet this weekend and be good to yourself,
Beverly

Re: New job puts brings big set back

GinaC on 8/13/00 at 11:18 (025362)

Pauline--I'm so sorry to hear of this setbac and your frustration. It is depressing to have to live and/or plan your life around pf and those 'surprise' setbacks can be devastating emotionally. There are so many disappointments in other areas of life that accompany PF. When I think of all the school field trips for my daughter that I missed due to PF, I'm still resentful. Take at least a day and BE depressed and then regroup and decide what you want to do next. You're certainly not alone in what you're going through, so hang in there. Gina

Pauline on 8/13/00 at 12:32 (025363)

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone for being there. We all have it
and we are there for eachother. Yesterday was my time of need---all
I needed to do was ask and you were there. Thanks again!

Luckly I don't have to work, but never in my life have I left a job so
fast. Its embarrassing and looks stupid. I hate looking stupid.

Steve P on 8/13/00 at 16:34 (025379)

Pauline --- Please remember that you had a relatively good 5 years (as I recall) between PF episodes. I still think that you can shake this again, even though it obviously is taking longer than you would like.
Hang on & keep pitching....you'll do it again!

Steve