Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks

Posted by Terry on 8/13/00 at 13:54 (025367)

I found out from the Birkenstock people (German website) that any Birk with a cork footbed can be ordered with a soft sole. They charge 30% extra to do this, and you need to allow about 4 weeks. Terry

Re: Birks

Pauline on 8/13/00 at 21:31 (025389)

Terry,
Do you mean soft inside sole where the cork usually is located or soft outer sole that would touch the concrete. I have seen them
with a rubber on the bottom of the shoe. QVC had some like this.
I would like to try a pair that is soft on the inside just under
the arch, with a little lower arch. Anything like that?

Terry on 8/13/00 at 22:19 (025393)

Pauline - There is a very thin cushioning between the cork and the leather. It is not cushy, just very slight. I have never tried any, but some on this board have mentioned that the Papillio line is good for low arches. Terry

Pauline on 8/13/00 at 21:31 (025389)

Terry,
Do you mean soft inside sole where the cork usually is located or soft outer sole that would touch the concrete. I have seen them
with a rubber on the bottom of the shoe. QVC had some like this.
I would like to try a pair that is soft on the inside just under
the arch, with a little lower arch. Anything like that?

Terry on 8/13/00 at 22:19 (025393)

Pauline - There is a very thin cushioning between the cork and the leather. It is not cushy, just very slight. I have never tried any, but some on this board have mentioned that the Papillio line is good for low arches. Terry