Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need Help with website (again)

Posted by Scott R on 8/14/00 at 00:04 (025395)

The following is the first official message I've sent to the ESWT email list. I'm looking for comments about what I should and shouldn't say in such a list, keeping in mind that manufacturers and patients will be reading the list. I'm sure I left important info out, but I was just really wanting to get it started and didn't spend much time on the message (I spent all day designing the program). I think I might send another message out using different code to see if it can be made faster (it was real slow), provided I left enough information out to warrant another message.

=========Begin email message to ESWT list
In case it's been a long time since you signed up for the ESWT list and you don't remember what ESWT is, it's Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy which is used to treat heel pain, tennis elbow, etc.

====== Plans for Manufacturer-Specific Email Lists ========

I finally finished the programming for this ESWT email list. There are canned programs for this but I wanted more control over the design of the system. The system allows any number of email lists to be created. For example, if a manufacturer wanted their own public list for people to join, it would be no trouble to set up. I (and others) can send messages to this general list, but the manufacturer would have control over the messages sent to the masses that elect to join their list.

====== Frequency and Types of Messages for this List ========

I've been a part of an excellent email list who's methodology I plan to imitate: 1 long email per month. The types of information I'll send out are mainly going to be a watch on the Business, Science, Availability, and Insurance aspects of this field. Obviously, I need the manufacturers to keep sending me info. Also, I'll keep an eye on the message board and announcements page for interesting tidbits (two of which I'm copying and pasting below to see how well they'll transfer).

========= Patient Tracking Systems ==========

http://heelspurs.com now has ESWT and Surgery patient tracking systems. The legalities of these are scarey, but the designs are improving each week. Already, anyone looking at the results would feel much safer with ESWT over surgery. The tracking systems can also serve as a message board for each patient. Dr. Zuckerman has his patients filling out the forms and even signing them and snail-mailing them to me to prove he isn't fabricating the high results, which some people have questioned. Even if he is influencing the results with a pleasant personality, he's still making his patients well aware of the system and including their email addresses (which are being checked by visitors). Canada has lost some patients to Dr. Z because of his willingness and effort to be out in the open and not a secretive, unknown quantity that people have to trust on blind faith (referrals) or obscure political science (FDA trials).

============ Misc Stuff =============

Was the FDA severe in its interpretation of the OssaTron results?

I've bought http://eswt.ws , http://tenniselbow.ws , and several others. http://eswt.ws links directly to http://heelspurs.com/eswt/ I'm working on gettng http://tenniselbow.ws modelled after heelspurs.com. .ws is the new top domain that stands for 'world-server'. It's meant for those site that intend on serving the world.

If I can ever get things converted to object-oriented programming, my friends could convert the website programs to German, French, and Spanish.

Dr. Z will soon have a short ESWT video on the site and I have promises from 2 other companies. I almost acquired a heel surgery video from Dr. Z, but his assistant accidentally erased it while trying to make a copy for me.

There are 270 people on this list, averaging 2.5 additions per day during the past week.

Bye for now.

Re: Go, Scott!

Bob G. on 8/14/00 at 00:46 (025396)

Well, the technology is certainly there, and you appear to be on the right track. Your Message Board is one of the best I've ever seen.

Re: Need Help with website (again)

john h on 8/14/00 at 08:54 (025400)

i will be going to see Dr Z on the 24th and 25th of this month for ESWT and he is welcome to video anypart of my procedures for display. i am also going to take some digitial camera shots if he does not mind.

JudyS on 8/14/00 at 09:36 (025406)

Good Luck, John, with your trip to 'Jersey. Where are you traveling from?

Re: Did anyone receive this?

Scott R on 8/14/00 at 15:01 (025422)

I didn't get any 'returned email' messages so I'm wondering if there was a problem with the messsages going out. If you are on the ESWT email list, please let me know if you did or did not get an email message from me today or yesterday. (email removed)

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/14/00 at 21:10 (025449)

Scott already has a video of the orbasone. I will still video your procedure for you and send a copy to Scott to replace or use instead of the old I give him . You can take any pictures you want . I will try to get some playboy models to pose with you .!!!!

Re: Go, Scott!

Bob G. on 8/14/00 at 00:46 (025396)

Well, the technology is certainly there, and you appear to be on the right track. Your Message Board is one of the best I've ever seen.

john h on 8/14/00 at 08:54 (025400)

i will be going to see Dr Z on the 24th and 25th of this month for ESWT and he is welcome to video anypart of my procedures for display. i am also going to take some digitial camera shots if he does not mind.

JudyS on 8/14/00 at 09:36 (025406)

Good Luck, John, with your trip to 'Jersey. Where are you traveling from?

Re: Did anyone receive this?

Scott R on 8/14/00 at 15:01 (025422)

I didn't get any 'returned email' messages so I'm wondering if there was a problem with the messsages going out. If you are on the ESWT email list, please let me know if you did or did not get an email message from me today or yesterday. (email removed)

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/14/00 at 21:10 (025449)

Scott already has a video of the orbasone. I will still video your procedure for you and send a copy to Scott to replace or use instead of the old I give him . You can take any pictures you want . I will try to get some playboy models to pose with you .!!!!