Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Meds

Posted by bonny on 8/14/00 at 07:12 (025398)

Anyone with PF try indomethacin for relief?

Re: Meds

cindyp on 8/14/00 at 09:58 (025411)

Again I don't suffer from pf. Have had to take indomethacin. It is a prescription strength nsaid. Works reasonably well when I had a migraine. Made me a little sleepy? But I would imagine it works pretty well for pf. Didn't help with my problem but would probably work for yours pretty good. Just watch the stomach.

KarenK2 on 8/15/00 at 11:48 (025489)

Bonny, I have had pf and achilles tendonitis and carpal tunnel and a torn rotator cuff. The pf has been the most life altering. The only thing medically that has helped me is indomethacin. It took quite awhile to get used to it and to get the dosage adjusted. It can make you quite light-headed. Make sure your Dr. also prescribes something to take with it to prevent stomach damage. The Dr. told me I would know within days if it helped. Othertimes when I thought something was working, I was just having a good day, indomethacin made a huge difference, I KNEW it was working. My advice would be to give it a try.

cindyp on 8/14/00 at 09:58 (025411)

Again I don't suffer from pf. Have had to take indomethacin. It is a prescription strength nsaid. Works reasonably well when I had a migraine. Made me a little sleepy? But I would imagine it works pretty well for pf. Didn't help with my problem but would probably work for yours pretty good. Just watch the stomach.

KarenK2 on 8/15/00 at 11:48 (025489)

Bonny, I have had pf and achilles tendonitis and carpal tunnel and a torn rotator cuff. The pf has been the most life altering. The only thing medically that has helped me is indomethacin. It took quite awhile to get used to it and to get the dosage adjusted. It can make you quite light-headed. Make sure your Dr. also prescribes something to take with it to prevent stomach damage. The Dr. told me I would know within days if it helped. Othertimes when I thought something was working, I was just having a good day, indomethacin made a huge difference, I KNEW it was working. My advice would be to give it a try.