Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Posted by Sue R on 8/14/00 at 09:41 (025408)

Hi. Ive noticed that several PF folks are from the Dallas area. Kim, you're from Bedford, right? And Beverly, where are you from? (I think this area.)

I live in Lewisville, north of Dallas and was curious to see which doctors you use and which ones you like.

Thanks for the help!
Sue

Re: Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Beverly on 8/14/00 at 12:38 (025418)

Sue,

I am from Ft. Worth and later spent much of my adulthood in Arlington.
But these days, I live in South Texas. So, I can't help with the doctor list. I do go home once or twice a year. Kim and I are talking about getting together. Maybe all three of us could. If my feet are doing well, I'll probably go home for a visit in November.

Beverly

Re: Beverly...Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Sue R on 8/14/00 at 15:35 (025425)

Yes, Beverly...it would be great to get together sometime. Thanks!

Martha B. on 8/14/00 at 19:11 (025437)

I am from Longview-almost neighbors aren't we? I heard about a podiatrist who handles the Mavericks named Dr. Robert Angelier in Garland. I intended to see him but went on and had the ossatron done.

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 11:33 (025487)

Hi Sue,

I am in Bedford which is located between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

I don't have a Podiatrist yet, but I'm thinking about seeing one if I need to in the future. I still have a lot of foot pain, but, things have setteled down so much compared to where they were a year ago. I am currently in PT and recieving ultrasound which seems to help some. I also stil have to take Vioxx on most days.

When need be, I currently see my orthopedist and Internist who have helped me over the years with the fibromyalgia (FM) problems. Dr. Israel M.D. (Internist) is on 183 in Irving. and Dr. Swords D.O. (Orthopedist) is on 183 in Bedford. I know a Physiatrist Sports Medicine Doc in the area named Dr. Christopher Tucker, D.O., but I haven't seen him in 4 years. I've been thinking about getting his or some other sports meds opinion on PF. My gynecololgist is Dr. Ted Preston, he is great, his associate is Dr. Shandol Surdon, I've heard she pretty good too. I guess I'm getting carried away.

Let me know if you have any question and Yes, lets have a get together when beverly comes to town. However, FYI, Bev, I may be redoing my trip to Memphis late October or sometime in Novemeber. Will let you know more when I pin it down, after the plastic surgeon appointment in September.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: To Kim...Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Sue R on 8/15/00 at 12:36 (025492)

Hi Kim. Thanks for the message and advice.

I think I read somewhere that you have a 4 year old son. I have a son turning 4 this Oct. and another 16 month old son. It's been difficult keeping up with them lately and it makes me so sad. How do you handle it? Do you work?

Thanks!
Sue R

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 14:22 (025495)

Hi Sue,

Girl, I can barely keep up with the one I have, I can't imagine having two, except that they would amuse each other some of the time, so that would be a plus. No, I don't work anymore. I truely miss it. Fibromayagia (FM) put a stop to my career as a computer graphic designe artist. I have a realy helpful husband, who bless his heart,looks more worn out than ever. Be he keep chuggin along. My little boy goes to MDO two days a week and I use that time for appointments and to regroup. Sometimes I just rest.

Hang in there!

Kim B.

Re: To Kim again...Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Sue R on 8/15/00 at 15:42 (025501)

Kim,

Can I e-mail you?

Sue R

john h on 8/15/00 at 17:22 (025510)

i really admire your girls who have keep up with your young children and deal with your pf and run a household. my hats off to you for your mental and physical toughness.

Re: Sure Sue, and Thank you John!

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 18:14 (025515)

Sue, my email is (email removed)

Thanks John, it's nice that others can recognize how tough it is for the Moms. Motherhood is tough under the best of circumstances. Sometimes it's a constant battle to keep from ending up on the Six o'clock news. :-) But for the grace of God, go I.

Regards, Kim B.

Beverly on 8/14/00 at 12:38 (025418)

Sue,

I am from Ft. Worth and later spent much of my adulthood in Arlington.
But these days, I live in South Texas. So, I can't help with the doctor list. I do go home once or twice a year. Kim and I are talking about getting together. Maybe all three of us could. If my feet are doing well, I'll probably go home for a visit in November.

Beverly

Re: Beverly...Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Sue R on 8/14/00 at 15:35 (025425)

Yes, Beverly...it would be great to get together sometime. Thanks!

Martha B. on 8/14/00 at 19:11 (025437)

I am from Longview-almost neighbors aren't we? I heard about a podiatrist who handles the Mavericks named Dr. Robert Angelier in Garland. I intended to see him but went on and had the ossatron done.

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 11:33 (025487)

Hi Sue,

I am in Bedford which is located between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

I don't have a Podiatrist yet, but I'm thinking about seeing one if I need to in the future. I still have a lot of foot pain, but, things have setteled down so much compared to where they were a year ago. I am currently in PT and recieving ultrasound which seems to help some. I also stil have to take Vioxx on most days.

When need be, I currently see my orthopedist and Internist who have helped me over the years with the fibromyalgia (FM) problems. Dr. Israel M.D. (Internist) is on 183 in Irving. and Dr. Swords D.O. (Orthopedist) is on 183 in Bedford. I know a Physiatrist Sports Medicine Doc in the area named Dr. Christopher Tucker, D.O., but I haven't seen him in 4 years. I've been thinking about getting his or some other sports meds opinion on PF. My gynecololgist is Dr. Ted Preston, he is great, his associate is Dr. Shandol Surdon, I've heard she pretty good too. I guess I'm getting carried away.

Let me know if you have any question and Yes, lets have a get together when beverly comes to town. However, FYI, Bev, I may be redoing my trip to Memphis late October or sometime in Novemeber. Will let you know more when I pin it down, after the plastic surgeon appointment in September.

Regards, Kim B.

Sue R on 8/15/00 at 12:36 (025492)

Hi Kim. Thanks for the message and advice.

I think I read somewhere that you have a 4 year old son. I have a son turning 4 this Oct. and another 16 month old son. It's been difficult keeping up with them lately and it makes me so sad. How do you handle it? Do you work?

Thanks!
Sue R

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 14:22 (025495)

Hi Sue,

Girl, I can barely keep up with the one I have, I can't imagine having two, except that they would amuse each other some of the time, so that would be a plus. No, I don't work anymore. I truely miss it. Fibromayagia (FM) put a stop to my career as a computer graphic designe artist. I have a realy helpful husband, who bless his heart,looks more worn out than ever. Be he keep chuggin along. My little boy goes to MDO two days a week and I use that time for appointments and to regroup. Sometimes I just rest.

Hang in there!

Kim B.

Re: To Kim again...Hello out there....fellow Dallas folks!

Sue R on 8/15/00 at 15:42 (025501)

Kim,

Can I e-mail you?

Sue R

john h on 8/15/00 at 17:22 (025510)

i really admire your girls who have keep up with your young children and deal with your pf and run a household. my hats off to you for your mental and physical toughness.

Re: Sure Sue, and Thank you John!

Kim B. on 8/15/00 at 18:14 (025515)

Sue, my email is (email removed)

Thanks John, it's nice that others can recognize how tough it is for the Moms. Motherhood is tough under the best of circumstances. Sometimes it's a constant battle to keep from ending up on the Six o'clock news. :-) But for the grace of God, go I.

Regards, Kim B.