Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Follow up for John H.

Posted by Donna on 8/14/00 at 17:56 (025432)

Hey, Went to the air show, it was great. I am a big Stealth fan and all I had ever seen was it sitting as a display with armed guards and might I add with orders to shoot if you climb over the rope and run like a maniac at it. Well Saturday it flew. They had 2 there, one on display and the other to fly. They were minus 1 Thunderbird pilot, but they were still great. What did you fly into Westover? Oh, and on a PF note, just so this fits in here. My air cast was great for my foot, but bruised my leg, and because my shoes weren't the exact same height as the cast, my left leg wanted to fall off.

Re: Follow up for John H.

john h on 8/15/00 at 09:51 (025475)

donna: what kind of aircast are you wearing?made by who and did you have surgery? i often diverted into westover when the weather was bad at McGuirie AFB in N.J..

Donna on 8/15/00 at 17:22 (025511)

It just says Aircast on the back and bottom. It's comes with the things on the side that you can inflate. No surgery, the DR gave me the cast and had impressions made of my feet, I don't have the impressions yet. The aircast seems to be helping, I would assume my foot is healing, but when I have to move out of my cast and back in a shoe it scares me. I am going to have to get some pretty swanky shoes for these feet. They have become an entity within myself. What did you fly?

donna on 8/16/00 at 10:00 (025552)

i flew the following: T-34,T-28,B-25,F-89,F-94,DC6,Convair 440,C47Gooney Bird,KC-135,H19,H43,CH3,UH1 Huey, and U6A Beaver. Although never fully qualified i did get to fly some missions in the B-52, B-29, P2V(navy), and C-121. I was shot down over Laos in 1969 while putting in sensors along the trails(CH3). Fortunate to be picked up after a few hours. Never have found anything to replace flying in my life. As a helicopter rescue pilot i was first on scene of many crashes both civilian and military.

Donna on 8/16/00 at 21:00 (025609)

John H. I don't know who this 'donna' is. It isn't me. I noticed you don't use capital letters in your messages so I'm not even sure if it's you. If it isn't you then we have some wise guy with PF. I apologize for all the Donna's in the world.

john h on 8/17/00 at 09:42 (025644)

donna i was having a senior moment and accidently typed in your name.

Donna on 8/17/00 at 20:15 (025696)

John, Wow I am impressed with what you have flown! I give you so much credit for going through that war. I am Canadian and was in Canada at the time and was very young when the war was going on, so I really didn't know much about it. It was as I got older that I really learned about it. I couldn't imagine how it felt to be shot down. Thank God you were picked up in a soonly manner. I think I'll pop back on your website and view the aircraft!

john h on 8/15/00 at 09:51 (025475)

donna: what kind of aircast are you wearing?made by who and did you have surgery? i often diverted into westover when the weather was bad at McGuirie AFB in N.J..

Donna on 8/15/00 at 17:22 (025511)

It just says Aircast on the back and bottom. It's comes with the things on the side that you can inflate. No surgery, the DR gave me the cast and had impressions made of my feet, I don't have the impressions yet. The aircast seems to be helping, I would assume my foot is healing, but when I have to move out of my cast and back in a shoe it scares me. I am going to have to get some pretty swanky shoes for these feet. They have become an entity within myself. What did you fly?

donna on 8/16/00 at 10:00 (025552)

i flew the following: T-34,T-28,B-25,F-89,F-94,DC6,Convair 440,C47Gooney Bird,KC-135,H19,H43,CH3,UH1 Huey, and U6A Beaver. Although never fully qualified i did get to fly some missions in the B-52, B-29, P2V(navy), and C-121. I was shot down over Laos in 1969 while putting in sensors along the trails(CH3). Fortunate to be picked up after a few hours. Never have found anything to replace flying in my life. As a helicopter rescue pilot i was first on scene of many crashes both civilian and military.

Donna on 8/16/00 at 21:00 (025609)

John H. I don't know who this 'donna' is. It isn't me. I noticed you don't use capital letters in your messages so I'm not even sure if it's you. If it isn't you then we have some wise guy with PF. I apologize for all the Donna's in the world.

john h on 8/17/00 at 09:42 (025644)

donna i was having a senior moment and accidently typed in your name.

Donna on 8/17/00 at 20:15 (025696)

John, Wow I am impressed with what you have flown! I give you so much credit for going through that war. I am Canadian and was in Canada at the time and was very young when the war was going on, so I really didn't know much about it. It was as I got older that I really learned about it. I couldn't imagine how it felt to be shot down. Thank God you were picked up in a soonly manner. I think I'll pop back on your website and view the aircraft!