Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Zuckerman-Any ideas on what to do next?

Posted by LanaR on 8/16/00 at 22:39 (025616)

I've had PF in my right foot for 8 years. Had 8 cortizone shots, leg in cast, tried 3 pairs of orthodics, 3 different pediatrists, tried everything over the counter, and finally plantar facia release surgery and heel spur removal 1 1/2 years ago(spur has grown back, but that's probably not the problem.) Pain is maybe 50% better. Anything else to try ? I also have a spur and PF on my left foot for 1 year now. I will be having EPF in Sept. on my left foot. I'm taking Vioxx, but it hurts my stomach. Any ideas?

Re: Dr. Zuckerman-Any ideas on what to do next?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/16/00 at 22:52 (025621)

I would try ESWT for your feet before any type of foot surgery . There is a higher incidence of complications when you do both feet with an EPF. Do you know or have you looked at the ESWT information on this web stie.????

Re: Dr. Zuckerman-Any ideas on what to do next?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/16/00 at 22:52 (025621)

I would try ESWT for your feet before any type of foot surgery . There is a higher incidence of complications when you do both feet with an EPF. Do you know or have you looked at the ESWT information on this web stie.????