Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interesting Article

Posted by Barbara on 8/17/00 at 12:46 (025659)

I found an interesting article. A little hard to follow, but the treatment consideration section at the end is interesting.

Maybe Dr. Z can comment.

http://www.starhosting.net/podiatry/articles/wernick.htm

Re: Interesting Article

suzi d on 8/17/00 at 15:35 (025672)

uh, what'd they say?

seriously - i did understand some of the article. The advise it gives goes against what I read on the boards and what I've experienced concerning an elevated heel and flexible footbed. Don't the Birks have a lower heel and firm footbed? my sandels do, and I swear by them. just wondering...

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 15:59 (025673)

I know this doctor. He is a well respected podiatrist who 'wrote the
book on the biomechanics of the foot and gait cycle. He use to own and probaby does own an orthosis lab called Langer. I will read his article. I believe that is an old piece just from glancing at it.

suzi d on 8/17/00 at 15:35 (025672)

uh, what'd they say?

seriously - i did understand some of the article. The advise it gives goes against what I read on the boards and what I've experienced concerning an elevated heel and flexible footbed. Don't the Birks have a lower heel and firm footbed? my sandels do, and I swear by them. just wondering...

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 15:59 (025673)

I know this doctor. He is a well respected podiatrist who 'wrote the
book on the biomechanics of the foot and gait cycle. He use to own and probaby does own an orthosis lab called Langer. I will read his article. I believe that is an old piece just from glancing at it.