Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

soft cast

Posted by bonny l on 8/17/00 at 17:43 (025681)

I am seriously considering a soft cast for my PF,does anyone have any opions they would like to share,good or bad. Also, I have been told these are very cumbersome and go up to a little below the knee.Is there a sleeker version.maybe less conspicuous?

Re: soft cast

Nancy M on 8/17/00 at 20:17 (025697)

Bonnie, three years ago when my PF first started, along with a neuroma and a stress fracture, I was in a soft cast for the fracture and it seemed to help my PF. It's like when you tape your foot. It's just on for a longer period of time. My soft cast went just above my ankle and I wore a blue surgical shoe. I did end up having EPF surgery after all the other things I tried didn't help.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 22:06 (025713)

There is an Unna boot, there is a boot cast that goes just above the ankle. Try the ankle boot cast first to see if it stops the pain, if not then go to the below the knee boot cast.

Nancy M on 8/17/00 at 20:17 (025697)

Bonnie, three years ago when my PF first started, along with a neuroma and a stress fracture, I was in a soft cast for the fracture and it seemed to help my PF. It's like when you tape your foot. It's just on for a longer period of time. My soft cast went just above my ankle and I wore a blue surgical shoe. I did end up having EPF surgery after all the other things I tried didn't help.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 22:06 (025713)

There is an Unna boot, there is a boot cast that goes just above the ankle. Try the ankle boot cast first to see if it stops the pain, if not then go to the below the knee boot cast.