Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anybody know or tried a Pedorthist?

Posted by jackson on 8/17/00 at 20:53 (025703)

Has anybody out there tried a Pedothist and if so did it help? My pf is really bad in my right foot and I have tried just about everthing!

Re: Does anybody know or tried a Pedorthist?

Kathy on 8/17/00 at 21:42 (025708)

I have an appointment with a pedorthist next Friday, will post after I see her but I have high hopes

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 22:08 (025714)

WE have a certified pedorthist on this site. Go to the search engine and look his posts up. Has alot to offer.

Richard, C.Ped on 8/18/00 at 08:20 (025729)

Hi Jackson,
I am a Board Certified Pedorthist. To find one in your area, look up the Board For Certification in Pedorthics web site. The have a section in which you can find a C.Ped in your area.

I enjoy visiting the message board and answering questions. We have become very busy the past few weeks with the high school and college sports starting up, so it is very rare that I can get to the message board as often as I like.

Keep in mind, a pedorthist is not a physician. We are basically the pharmacist for the feet. I only work by prescription or by voice permission from doctors. If pedorthists do not use a prescription, I consider that diagnosing, which is a big no-no.

PF is one of the most common conditions that I see in my office. It is an everyday overuse injury as well as a common sports injury.

If you have a prescription for orthotics, ask the pedorthist these questions:

What is the cost? (the national average is $400. Most places I know of charge $200 - $280.)
Will my insurance cover any of the cost?
Will you file the insurace claim for me?
Is there a deposit due at the time of serivice?
Will you properly interface the orthotics to my shoes? (make them sit flat inside the shoe).

These are just a few important questions to ask. Prices will vary. Check your insurance now to see if orthotics (or 'inserts' for some companies) are covered. Check to see if your deductable has been met. Check 'in-network' and 'out-of-network' benefits. The pedorthist you choose may not be in your insurance network. I am in the Blue Cross network, but I will take any insurance. Benefits of 'in-network' -vs- 'out-of-network' will vary.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

P.S. Hello to everyone. The picture gallery looks great!
Richard, C.Ped

john h on 8/18/00 at 16:56 (025764)

richard: we sometimes fail to thank your professionals who give out free advice and help on this board. you, alan, and dr z are much appreciated.

Scott R on 8/18/00 at 18:47 (025772)

Actually, John H is my favorite poster. John, if you're going to be different from all the previous ESWT-treated visitors and actually stick around after the treatment, and if you continue to have an interest in PF, how would you like to be the editor of the monthly PF email newsletter? No deadlines or stress or anything just a casual affair that can be abandoned anytime. I haven't started collecting email addresses for it yet, though, it'll take maybe 6 months to get a 1000 people on it. I need to re-emphasize my limited time. I've now noticed my scans of the message board are very quick, so if there's something I need to know please email it to (email removed)

Re: Dern,

Kim B. on 8/18/00 at 23:05 (025786)

Excuse me, Scott? John H is your favorite? O...K... whatever.

Scott, I didn't catch your drift with 'I've now noticed my scans of the message board are very quick, so if there's something I need to know please email it to (email removed)' What do you mean? (Sometimes you don't make yourself clear. Nevemind that I don't either, I'm not running a website!)

John, I hope your ESWT is a total success! :-)

Regards, Kim B. :-)

Scott R on 8/19/00 at 07:08 (025801)

John was expressing thanks to some of those (especially the professsionals) for their posts, and since John's posts often say things I need to know, I was expressing thanks for his posts. He also sometimes send me some important emails like finding there panel meeting notes on the ossatron and sending them to me.

About my scans of the message board, I mean that I am unable to read every message posted, and about once every 2 or 3 days someone leaves a message for me in the middle of their post. So to be sure I hear you, you have to send it to my email address.

Helene M on 8/19/00 at 10:25 (025806)

I'd like to add Dr. Biehler to John H's list of professionals I'd like to thank. I've learned much more from these professionals than from my own drs. Thank you all!

Re: Now I follow. eom

KimB on 8/19/00 at 11:50 (025810)

eom

john h on 8/21/00 at 10:59 (025921)

scott: i do not know how i missed this post. yes i will be around after my ESWT treatment if i can escape new jersey. PF has sort of become a 'mission' in my life whether cured or not.

Kathy on 8/17/00 at 21:42 (025708)

I have an appointment with a pedorthist next Friday, will post after I see her but I have high hopes

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/17/00 at 22:08 (025714)

WE have a certified pedorthist on this site. Go to the search engine and look his posts up. Has alot to offer.

Richard, C.Ped on 8/18/00 at 08:20 (025729)

Hi Jackson,
I am a Board Certified Pedorthist. To find one in your area, look up the Board For Certification in Pedorthics web site. The have a section in which you can find a C.Ped in your area.

I enjoy visiting the message board and answering questions. We have become very busy the past few weeks with the high school and college sports starting up, so it is very rare that I can get to the message board as often as I like.

Keep in mind, a pedorthist is not a physician. We are basically the pharmacist for the feet. I only work by prescription or by voice permission from doctors. If pedorthists do not use a prescription, I consider that diagnosing, which is a big no-no.

PF is one of the most common conditions that I see in my office. It is an everyday overuse injury as well as a common sports injury.

If you have a prescription for orthotics, ask the pedorthist these questions:

What is the cost? (the national average is $400. Most places I know of charge $200 - $280.)
Will my insurance cover any of the cost?
Will you file the insurace claim for me?
Is there a deposit due at the time of serivice?
Will you properly interface the orthotics to my shoes? (make them sit flat inside the shoe).

These are just a few important questions to ask. Prices will vary. Check your insurance now to see if orthotics (or 'inserts' for some companies) are covered. Check to see if your deductable has been met. Check 'in-network' and 'out-of-network' benefits. The pedorthist you choose may not be in your insurance network. I am in the Blue Cross network, but I will take any insurance. Benefits of 'in-network' -vs- 'out-of-network' will vary.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

P.S. Hello to everyone. The picture gallery looks great!
Richard, C.Ped

john h on 8/18/00 at 16:56 (025764)

richard: we sometimes fail to thank your professionals who give out free advice and help on this board. you, alan, and dr z are much appreciated.

Scott R on 8/18/00 at 18:47 (025772)

Actually, John H is my favorite poster. John, if you're going to be different from all the previous ESWT-treated visitors and actually stick around after the treatment, and if you continue to have an interest in PF, how would you like to be the editor of the monthly PF email newsletter? No deadlines or stress or anything just a casual affair that can be abandoned anytime. I haven't started collecting email addresses for it yet, though, it'll take maybe 6 months to get a 1000 people on it. I need to re-emphasize my limited time. I've now noticed my scans of the message board are very quick, so if there's something I need to know please email it to (email removed)

Kim B. on 8/18/00 at 23:05 (025786)

Excuse me, Scott? John H is your favorite? O...K... whatever.

Scott, I didn't catch your drift with 'I've now noticed my scans of the message board are very quick, so if there's something I need to know please email it to (email removed)' What do you mean? (Sometimes you don't make yourself clear. Nevemind that I don't either, I'm not running a website!)

John, I hope your ESWT is a total success! :-)

Regards, Kim B. :-)

Scott R on 8/19/00 at 07:08 (025801)

John was expressing thanks to some of those (especially the professsionals) for their posts, and since John's posts often say things I need to know, I was expressing thanks for his posts. He also sometimes send me some important emails like finding there panel meeting notes on the ossatron and sending them to me.

About my scans of the message board, I mean that I am unable to read every message posted, and about once every 2 or 3 days someone leaves a message for me in the middle of their post. So to be sure I hear you, you have to send it to my email address.

Helene M on 8/19/00 at 10:25 (025806)

I'd like to add Dr. Biehler to John H's list of professionals I'd like to thank. I've learned much more from these professionals than from my own drs. Thank you all!

Re: Now I follow. eom

KimB on 8/19/00 at 11:50 (025810)

eom

john h on 8/21/00 at 10:59 (025921)

scott: i do not know how i missed this post. yes i will be around after my ESWT treatment if i can escape new jersey. PF has sort of become a 'mission' in my life whether cured or not.