Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post Surgery Update x five weeks! The Floor I Feel the Floor!

Posted by Sharie H. in San Diego on 8/18/00 at 11:20 (025735)

Hi Gangy,

Well, its been six weeks, and things are going along great! Yes there has been some depression, and pain, and and and... lots of sitting... but we have managed the theatre, the movies, dinner out, shopping, you name it via wheelchair.

NOW steps are being taken on the actual DA DUMM .. FLOOR!! I kid, slowly putting more and more weight down and walking has brought me to being able to walk some times without discomfort WITH my post op book on. Thanks for the emails inquiring... ya make me real smiley here!

Sharie

Re: Post Surgery Update x five weeks! The Floor I Feel the Floor!

suzi d on 8/18/00 at 13:19 (025748)

I've been wondering what you were up to. Glad to hear things are going so well. See, you will be tap dancing. Maybe around the Christmas Tree.

suzi d

Pat M. on 8/18/00 at 18:56 (025773)

Sharie...Hey...
Glad to hear that things are going well. Have you really been off of that foot for five weeks?!?!? My three week appt. is next Wednesday and I am really hoping for the go ahead. Teaching in a wheelchair really sucks. (sorry, but that's the truth) Although I do have plenty of willing 'pushers'. I knew this was going to be tough, but gee whiz.
So far I have taken no time off, but I have really been tempted. I have made through an entire week. Hooray for me. Maybe I'd better not get my hopes too high for Wednesday. Shucks. Good luck, Sharie. Let us know how the floor feels.
Pat

Re: For Pat: Post Surgery Update x five weeks! The Floor I Feel the Floor!

Sharie on 8/19/00 at 21:33 (025854)

HEY PAT!!!

Nice to hear from you! Sorry to hear you aren't having it too easy trying to teach in a wheelchair...but I can really understand. It can be cumbersome trying to so things you are use to doing without any effort... suddenly those things are way to far away, etc. About two weeks ago I began putting my foot on the floor applying more and more pressure each time. My desire to end all of this got the best of me and I tried to walk on my foot and it darn nearly killed me. It was so darn painful. Of course when I take pain meds it feels not so bad, but I can't exist on those. Some days I feel I can be on my foot, other times it is just too painful and I sit again. I hate to report I have become a bored of it all patient. The PF pain is gone. I'm not sure just what the pain is I am feeling. It is in the heel around the outter edge, and primarily on the inside of the heel at the incision site. It burns, it throbs and aches at times. Other times feels great... so I don't know what the heck is happening. I want to know what your doc says at your three week visit please. It seems some people here begin walking on this surgery so soon. I feel a bit like I am dragging.

Good to hear from you... Oh, and my teacher husband goes back to teaching in two weeks... I will miss my PF angel.

Hugs
Sharie

suzi d on 8/18/00 at 13:19 (025748)

I've been wondering what you were up to. Glad to hear things are going so well. See, you will be tap dancing. Maybe around the Christmas Tree.

suzi d

Pat M. on 8/18/00 at 18:56 (025773)

Sharie...Hey...
Glad to hear that things are going well. Have you really been off of that foot for five weeks?!?!? My three week appt. is next Wednesday and I am really hoping for the go ahead. Teaching in a wheelchair really sucks. (sorry, but that's the truth) Although I do have plenty of willing 'pushers'. I knew this was going to be tough, but gee whiz.
So far I have taken no time off, but I have really been tempted. I have made through an entire week. Hooray for me. Maybe I'd better not get my hopes too high for Wednesday. Shucks. Good luck, Sharie. Let us know how the floor feels.
Pat

Re: For Pat: Post Surgery Update x five weeks! The Floor I Feel the Floor!

Sharie on 8/19/00 at 21:33 (025854)

HEY PAT!!!

Nice to hear from you! Sorry to hear you aren't having it too easy trying to teach in a wheelchair...but I can really understand. It can be cumbersome trying to so things you are use to doing without any effort... suddenly those things are way to far away, etc. About two weeks ago I began putting my foot on the floor applying more and more pressure each time. My desire to end all of this got the best of me and I tried to walk on my foot and it darn nearly killed me. It was so darn painful. Of course when I take pain meds it feels not so bad, but I can't exist on those. Some days I feel I can be on my foot, other times it is just too painful and I sit again. I hate to report I have become a bored of it all patient. The PF pain is gone. I'm not sure just what the pain is I am feeling. It is in the heel around the outter edge, and primarily on the inside of the heel at the incision site. It burns, it throbs and aches at times. Other times feels great... so I don't know what the heck is happening. I want to know what your doc says at your three week visit please. It seems some people here begin walking on this surgery so soon. I feel a bit like I am dragging.

Good to hear from you... Oh, and my teacher husband goes back to teaching in two weeks... I will miss my PF angel.

Hugs
Sharie