Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cortisone shot

Posted by iris on 8/18/00 at 18:39 (025771)

dear pf family,
i had resisted having the cortisone shot for several reasons, possible damage if done several times and also the concern about the pain associated with the injection. i had been told by the very first doctor i saw about pf that the heel is the most painful place to be injected.

dr. z. had mentioned on this board several times that if the correct size needle was used, it would not be that painful a procedure. dr. z. was correct; he gave me a cortisone shot on thursday and IT WAS NOT THAT HORRIBLE. when a person is fortunate enough to go to a caring, compassionate doctor, the experience does not have to be a horror! THANK YOU DR. ZUCKERMAN

Re: And, how does your foot/feet feel?

Kim B. on 8/18/00 at 23:11 (025787)

And keep us posted on how well it works. :-) Kim B.

iris on 8/22/00 at 07:45 (025981)

dear pf family,
i had my shot on thursday and today it is tuesday. i am going to be soaking the tape off my foot this morning. i have been taking it easy and so i am feeling pretty good. the true answer to your question won't be available for several weeks when i will know if the cortisone helped. when i start school in two weeks, i will really know if i am on the road to recovery. i will keep you posted.

Kim B. on 8/18/00 at 23:11 (025787)

And keep us posted on how well it works. :-) Kim B.

iris on 8/22/00 at 07:45 (025981)

dear pf family,
i had my shot on thursday and today it is tuesday. i am going to be soaking the tape off my foot this morning. i have been taking it easy and so i am feeling pretty good. the true answer to your question won't be available for several weeks when i will know if the cortisone helped. when i start school in two weeks, i will really know if i am on the road to recovery. i will keep you posted.