Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

One whole week without wimping out!!!!!

Posted by Pat M. on 8/18/00 at 19:05 (025774)

Well, everyone,
I DID IT! I did the whole week and didn't take any time off. It is frustrating to say the least. I can't do all of the things that I usually do, but hey, I made it. My kids have been pretty good. They just jump in and do what needs to be done. It is amazing how sensitive and sweet they can be when they want to.
My one problem is, that I can't keep my foot elevated. I was doing o.k. until yesterday. My foot began to swell a little by the end of the day. Today, it was pretty swollen by noon. My heel feels as hard as a rock, too. I guess because of the swelling. My chair has the leg lift thingy, but it isn't easily used when wheeling around a couple of hundred kids at a time. (only 16 in classroom, but 750 others all over our campus) I fully intend to put my foot up and rest this weekend.
Oh, well, that is my one complaint, otherwise, so far I am not sorry that I did this. YET. The doctor told me that I could probably put my shoe on at three weeks, but after reading Sharie's post, I'm not real optimistic. We do what we gotta I guess.
Hope this finds everyone feeling better.
Pat.

Re: One whole week without wimping out!!!!!

wendyn on 8/18/00 at 19:30 (025776)

I don't know how long PF surgery takes to heal - but I do know that it was about 8 weeks till I could wear a real shoe after bunion sugery. I had to wear really loose running shoes or slippers most of the time. Feet heal a lot slower than most people realize. Glad you had a good week! Take it slow and enjoy your well deserved rest this weekend.

Laurie R on 8/18/00 at 20:33 (025779)

Hi Pat,
You sound like you are a wonderful teacher.I have two school age daughters.I know if they had a teacher that needed a little bit of help they would help.You are so right, kids will help.They like to feel needed. I bet it was very hard for you this week but you did it.Keep your head up.You have a beautiful attitude .My very best to you and your kids. Laurie R

wendyn on 8/18/00 at 19:30 (025776)

I don't know how long PF surgery takes to heal - but I do know that it was about 8 weeks till I could wear a real shoe after bunion sugery. I had to wear really loose running shoes or slippers most of the time. Feet heal a lot slower than most people realize. Glad you had a good week! Take it slow and enjoy your well deserved rest this weekend.

Laurie R on 8/18/00 at 20:33 (025779)

Hi Pat,
You sound like you are a wonderful teacher.I have two school age daughters.I know if they had a teacher that needed a little bit of help they would help.You are so right, kids will help.They like to feel needed. I bet it was very hard for you this week but you did it.Keep your head up.You have a beautiful attitude .My very best to you and your kids. Laurie R