Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

J.Tanner and others: Intersting looking night splint

Posted by Kim B. on 8/18/00 at 19:52 (025777)

I ve seen it at two different websites. It's called the 'Passive Night Splint'. $59.95. I am not a slint user at this time, but if I were going to try one, this might be it. It lools lightweight and comfortable. Very padded. (I would need two I think, as I am PF in both feet.)

Any opinions from the veterines? I found it at http://www.footsmart.com follow heel and arch releif. I also have found it at http://www.intelihealh.com homehealthy store. Follow pain relief. They offer free shipping and handling. I think both of these sources offer money back gaurantees.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Intersting looking night splint

Bob G. on 8/19/00 at 01:00 (025792)

The NightSplint is to PF

as the Center is to a basketball team.

If you want to win...

Re: J.Tanner and others: Intersting looking night splint

Nancy S. on 8/19/00 at 05:56 (025800)

The passive night splint looks almost exactly like my blue Johnson & Johnson one -- and it is SO comfortable. The only difference is that the one at FootSmart costs $59.95, whereas mine cost $100 (at least, that's what my ex-pod charged me).
I think this one looks really good, go for it. All the other night splints I've looked at are full of straps and buckles and don't look nearly as comfortable. This one is almost like slipping your leg into a big cushioned sock, with soft velcro fasteners and with support somewhere in there to keep your foot at the right angle.
I almost love this night splint. Weird, eh?
Nancy

Kathy on 8/19/00 at 09:39 (025805)

I like the look of that spint much hetter then the one my ex-pod sold me, the one I now have is a hard plastic shell that goes from my toes and wraps around to the back of my knee (top of calf), it has a thin padding in it but the velcro straps especially the one across the anckle cut into my skin and I end up taking it off after about 30 min.

Re: I'm going to show it to my ortho.

Beverly on 8/19/00 at 12:32 (025817)

Kim,

This is the first night splint I've seen that I thought I could stand to wear. I've avoided them so far, because they look like torture.
But this looks pretty comfortable. I see my orthopedic sports med doc in September, and I've already printed this off to show him. If he likes the looks of it, this is one I would be very willing to try.
Thanks for sharing it.
Oh by the way, has anyone tried any of the arch supports at that website Kim mentioned?

Beverly

Re: Intersting looking night splint

Bob G. on 8/19/00 at 01:00 (025792)

The NightSplint is to PF

as the Center is to a basketball team.

If you want to win...

Nancy S. on 8/19/00 at 05:56 (025800)

The passive night splint looks almost exactly like my blue Johnson & Johnson one -- and it is SO comfortable. The only difference is that the one at FootSmart costs $59.95, whereas mine cost $100 (at least, that's what my ex-pod charged me).
I think this one looks really good, go for it. All the other night splints I've looked at are full of straps and buckles and don't look nearly as comfortable. This one is almost like slipping your leg into a big cushioned sock, with soft velcro fasteners and with support somewhere in there to keep your foot at the right angle.
I almost love this night splint. Weird, eh?
Nancy

Kathy on 8/19/00 at 09:39 (025805)

I like the look of that spint much hetter then the one my ex-pod sold me, the one I now have is a hard plastic shell that goes from my toes and wraps around to the back of my knee (top of calf), it has a thin padding in it but the velcro straps especially the one across the anckle cut into my skin and I end up taking it off after about 30 min.

Re: I'm going to show it to my ortho.

Beverly on 8/19/00 at 12:32 (025817)

Kim,

This is the first night splint I've seen that I thought I could stand to wear. I've avoided them so far, because they look like torture.
But this looks pretty comfortable. I see my orthopedic sports med doc in September, and I've already printed this off to show him. If he likes the looks of it, this is one I would be very willing to try.
Thanks for sharing it.
Oh by the way, has anyone tried any of the arch supports at that website Kim mentioned?

Beverly