Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Split question

Posted by Kim B. on 8/19/00 at 17:31 (025827)

If you have PF in both feet, is it ok to use one night splint, alternating the foot each night? Or, is it absolutely best to wear two at a time. I might be able to sleep with one on one foot at a time. What do you guys think?

Kim B.

Re: Night Split question

john h on 8/19/00 at 19:36 (025837)

i alternate.

Pauline on 8/19/00 at 19:43 (025841)

I personally found it better to sleep with 2 because this way my feet
were the same temperature and the cold plastic didn't keep waking me
up when it touched the other foot. It also stopped me from kicking
myself. I think what ever works for you is the correct thing to do.

Steve P on 8/19/00 at 20:21 (025848)

I also alternate. I imagine it would be a bit more trouble getting up in the middle of the night for a trip to the bathroom having 2 splints to contend with!

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 00:56 (025858)

Hey, Kim!

Either way is okay. I wear one n/s with arch support & strassburg sock and it is comfortable to walk in, sleep in, dream in, and write limericks in...

There once was a dude, Al Ignorus
Who suffered from Plantar Fasciitus
He'd moan and he'd groan
Then cry and bemoan
The NightSplint had been there for all of us

Well, I'd say use it and do the best you can. Good luck, Kim! BG

Jill P on 8/20/00 at 17:42 (025899)

I was told to use it on the foot that is the worst (my right) as he felt sleeping with 2 would be hard. Also I have to get up during the nights to use the bathroom or tend to small children which I can do wearing one but probably not with two. I sleep with a pillow between my legs which helps, and because of chronic arm/left side pain that has something to do with my spine (they just can't figure this out as nothing shows up on the tests and the nuerologist said I have an alternate nerve pattern) I have to sleep on my left side always or that pain/condition is aggrevated for a day or longer (often until I get to the chiropractor). Good luck figuring out what works best for you! :)

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 23:07 (025913)

Jill, good to hear from you.

I could do two as easily as one. It is a matter of comfort and getting used to it.

Wearing the S/Sock along with the arch support make the N/S easy to wear... I am not saying you can do the Swing or Lindy Hop while wearing the N/S, but it can be comfy if you know how (search under my name for my story)...

john h on 8/19/00 at 19:36 (025837)

i alternate.

Pauline on 8/19/00 at 19:43 (025841)

I personally found it better to sleep with 2 because this way my feet
were the same temperature and the cold plastic didn't keep waking me
up when it touched the other foot. It also stopped me from kicking
myself. I think what ever works for you is the correct thing to do.

Steve P on 8/19/00 at 20:21 (025848)

I also alternate. I imagine it would be a bit more trouble getting up in the middle of the night for a trip to the bathroom having 2 splints to contend with!

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 00:56 (025858)

Hey, Kim!

Either way is okay. I wear one n/s with arch support & strassburg sock and it is comfortable to walk in, sleep in, dream in, and write limericks in...

There once was a dude, Al Ignorus
Who suffered from Plantar Fasciitus
He'd moan and he'd groan
Then cry and bemoan
The NightSplint had been there for all of us

Well, I'd say use it and do the best you can. Good luck, Kim! BG

Jill P on 8/20/00 at 17:42 (025899)

I was told to use it on the foot that is the worst (my right) as he felt sleeping with 2 would be hard. Also I have to get up during the nights to use the bathroom or tend to small children which I can do wearing one but probably not with two. I sleep with a pillow between my legs which helps, and because of chronic arm/left side pain that has something to do with my spine (they just can't figure this out as nothing shows up on the tests and the nuerologist said I have an alternate nerve pattern) I have to sleep on my left side always or that pain/condition is aggrevated for a day or longer (often until I get to the chiropractor). Good luck figuring out what works best for you! :)

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 23:07 (025913)

Jill, good to hear from you.

I could do two as easily as one. It is a matter of comfort and getting used to it.

Wearing the S/Sock along with the arch support make the N/S easy to wear... I am not saying you can do the Swing or Lindy Hop while wearing the N/S, but it can be comfy if you know how (search under my name for my story)...