Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It Didn't Work

Posted by Joopie on 8/19/00 at 20:30 (025849)

Had pf release surgery on both feet - left on March, right in May. Right is better than the left. Left one has pain now on the outside of the foot, over the top near my baby toes, and up the back of the ankle. Also, I occasionally get a SEARING pain across the bottom. I can't stand for long periods (on either foot, actually). Doc has/had me in a brace during the day, but all it did was make my leg weaker... I still get the pain, and even have trouble putting on a shoe as well as wake up in the night recently with pain. Any ideas on what I might suggest/try when I see the Doc on the 29th? Has anyone else had these problems? I am worried about this. I have to walk alot in my work. And I don't want to be disabled! Thanks!

Re: It Didn't Work

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 01:10 (025859)

Dear Joopie,

Sorry to learn about your problem. We would strongly suggest getting a second or third opinion.

We know nothing about your history. Just get help from as many sources as you can. You need other input. Compare what others have to say. Don't rely on the next 'nice' doctor - you have to live with your choices.

Good luck!!! BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/20/00 at 07:56 (025863)

This can be very common with both feet pf releases. This pain could last anywhere from six months to a year and and sometimes it can just go away. It is from the release that other areas of the feet are now working over time. Taping. orthosis proper shoes can help this alot.
When I ran into this problem with patients I would tape the foot on a
weekly or twice weekly program. This can heal and go away but much more difficult and longe time with both feet releases. Let your doctor finish he job. He still has to take care of you until this goes away. There is no magic bullet for this just patient, kind explantions by your doctor . He should beable to handle your pain !!!
until it gets better

Bob G. on 8/20/00 at 01:10 (025859)

Dear Joopie,

Sorry to learn about your problem. We would strongly suggest getting a second or third opinion.

We know nothing about your history. Just get help from as many sources as you can. You need other input. Compare what others have to say. Don't rely on the next 'nice' doctor - you have to live with your choices.

Good luck!!! BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/20/00 at 07:56 (025863)

This can be very common with both feet pf releases. This pain could last anywhere from six months to a year and and sometimes it can just go away. It is from the release that other areas of the feet are now working over time. Taping. orthosis proper shoes can help this alot.
When I ran into this problem with patients I would tape the foot on a
weekly or twice weekly program. This can heal and go away but much more difficult and longe time with both feet releases. Let your doctor finish he job. He still has to take care of you until this goes away. There is no magic bullet for this just patient, kind explantions by your doctor . He should beable to handle your pain !!!
until it gets better