Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

N'ice and strech

Posted by AmyM on 8/20/00 at 09:14 (025867)

I saw the posting on the products page of heelspurs for the nice strech. I would be interested to hear from any one who's tried it. In theory it looks like a good idea, whether it's any good in practice i'd like to know!!

Re: N'ice and strech

john h on 8/20/00 at 10:36 (025872)

i have had mine for a year and it is convenient,comfortable,easy to sleep in, adjustable to your comfort.

Pat M. on 8/20/00 at 10:56 (025873)

I have used the N'ice stretch. I never experienced the discomfort that I have heard about other night splints. I took only a couple of nights to get used to it. A little adjusting and I slept fine.
Pat M.

Helene M on 8/20/00 at 11:19 (025876)

I have it & I'm satisfied. It's comfortable to sleep in. The only negative is you must wrap the heavy fabric around the foot, which, in my case, I had a problem with when my foot was very inflamed & I couldn't stand heat against it. Now I have no problem with it. I like that it's fully adjustable. I'd recommend it.

Re: How does this product compare with "Passive Night Splint"?

Beverly on 8/20/00 at 16:36 (025895)

I am just now even thinking about a night splint. I have resisted and resisted. I'm still not sure, but these 'soft' padded ones are more inviting to me.
Veterans of night splints, how do you think the Nice n, Stretch compares to the Passive Night Splint listed at (email removed).?
This is the night splint Kim mentioned a few days ago. It has less fabric and is a less intimidating looking contraption, but then the Nice n' Stretch appears to have more support. So, what do you all think
about the Passive Night Splint?

Thanks,
Beverly

alan k on 8/20/00 at 18:48 (025902)

I had a big monster of a splint and it seems to me that n'ice stretch looks like it would be more comfy.

The other one is a big monster like mine, but it does have the advantage over the n'ice stretch (as far as I can see in the pictures) of engaging the toes and so engaging the entire windlass mechanism in the stretch, similar to Footflex or Acu-Flex.

However, as a light sleeper, I would go with the N'ice stretch if I was going to use a nightsplint.

Just some observations.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

john h on 8/22/00 at 11:59 (026020)

helen: i just wear a sock with my nice and stretch.

john h on 8/20/00 at 10:36 (025872)

i have had mine for a year and it is convenient,comfortable,easy to sleep in, adjustable to your comfort.

Pat M. on 8/20/00 at 10:56 (025873)

I have used the N'ice stretch. I never experienced the discomfort that I have heard about other night splints. I took only a couple of nights to get used to it. A little adjusting and I slept fine.
Pat M.

Helene M on 8/20/00 at 11:19 (025876)

I have it & I'm satisfied. It's comfortable to sleep in. The only negative is you must wrap the heavy fabric around the foot, which, in my case, I had a problem with when my foot was very inflamed & I couldn't stand heat against it. Now I have no problem with it. I like that it's fully adjustable. I'd recommend it.

Beverly on 8/20/00 at 16:36 (025895)

I am just now even thinking about a night splint. I have resisted and resisted. I'm still not sure, but these 'soft' padded ones are more inviting to me.
Veterans of night splints, how do you think the Nice n, Stretch compares to the Passive Night Splint listed at (email removed).?
This is the night splint Kim mentioned a few days ago. It has less fabric and is a less intimidating looking contraption, but then the Nice n' Stretch appears to have more support. So, what do you all think
about the Passive Night Splint?

Thanks,
Beverly

alan k on 8/20/00 at 18:48 (025902)

I had a big monster of a splint and it seems to me that n'ice stretch looks like it would be more comfy.

The other one is a big monster like mine, but it does have the advantage over the n'ice stretch (as far as I can see in the pictures) of engaging the toes and so engaging the entire windlass mechanism in the stretch, similar to Footflex or Acu-Flex.

However, as a light sleeper, I would go with the N'ice stretch if I was going to use a nightsplint.

Just some observations.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

john h on 8/22/00 at 11:59 (026020)

helen: i just wear a sock with my nice and stretch.