Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw Foot Guru today

Posted by Pauline on 8/21/00 at 16:11 (025938)

Well after waiting 3 months for an appointment, I saw the Foot Guru
today. After having 3 interns looked at my feet first, he suddenly appeared but not in a white light or anything to examine my feet.

He asked a lot of questions and pushed, twisted ,poked and pulled
both feet, each time asking the interns why he was doing this. Lucky he had a sense of humor because my answers were much better than the
interns.

After a new set of xrays, which were perfectly normal no spurs etc. he ordered an ultra sound, and some blood work. His first opinion
atypical PF with possible tendon sheath involvement. Hopes to
confirm or know more from ultra sound. He was impressed that I was so flexible and have very little pain barefoot. I walk on my toes and heels with no pain. Today my jello substance was almost totally non existant, but I have been sitting for 2 days prior too this visit. He said true PF can act in many ways and he will tell me more after
the ultra sound. Next appointment next Wed because I got in on a cancellation ultra sound appointment tomorrow. Yea for me.

I think I will stick with him for a while because even though I have to drive 2 hrs to see him, he takes his appointment on time and I was actually home in less time then when I saw the other Dr. I usually had to wait in the waiting room 2 hrs alone for the other Dr. not to
mention driving time. My last appointment with him was at 9:30 AM
and I finally saw the man at 11:30 AM. He saw 65 patients between 8:30 and 12. The Guru must already be rich so he doesn't book as many patients. The new Dr. did say he had a good track record
treating PF and curing it sooooo away we go. I have a feeling a cast is in my future, I hope not.

Re: Saw Foot Guru today

Steve P on 8/21/00 at 16:34 (025942)

Pauline -- Everything you wrote sounds good. I think you're in the right place.
Good work...........steve

Kathy on 8/21/00 at 20:08 (025958)

I'm so excited for you Pauline, If this guru is the real thing I might have to get on his waiting list

Dr. Zuckeman on 8/21/00 at 20:10 (025959)

This guy sounds good. The treatment will still probaby be the cast, or some kind of brace. Good luck. What's this guy's name???. I wish you have a corn or toe spur. I can cure that in 99.99 % of the cases.

Re: To Dr. Zuckerman---- Saw Foot Guru today

Pauline on 8/22/00 at 08:52 (025989)

Dr Zuckerman,
His name is David Katcherian out of Henry Ford Hospital Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Dept. He is at two different campuses West Bloomfield and Main Only does Foot and Ankle work.

Steve P on 8/21/00 at 16:34 (025942)

Pauline -- Everything you wrote sounds good. I think you're in the right place.
Good work...........steve

Kathy on 8/21/00 at 20:08 (025958)

I'm so excited for you Pauline, If this guru is the real thing I might have to get on his waiting list

Dr. Zuckeman on 8/21/00 at 20:10 (025959)

This guy sounds good. The treatment will still probaby be the cast, or some kind of brace. Good luck. What's this guy's name???. I wish you have a corn or toe spur. I can cure that in 99.99 % of the cases.

Re: To Dr. Zuckerman---- Saw Foot Guru today

Pauline on 8/22/00 at 08:52 (025989)

Dr Zuckerman,
His name is David Katcherian out of Henry Ford Hospital Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Dept. He is at two different campuses West Bloomfield and Main Only does Foot and Ankle work.