Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and TTS (Ouch)

Posted by Carolyn B. on 8/21/00 at 19:17 (025952)

I wanted to share my experiences with treatments for PF and Tarsel Tunnel. Originally I had PF in my right heel. After several cortizone shots I had surgery. This only transfered the pain to my in-step. Two years later I still have pain and heel pain has returned. In the meantime I began having burning, shoot pain, calf pain and heel pain in my left foot. This was diagnosed at TTS. Treatment has been Physical Therapy (or as I call it Bee Sting Treatment - 14 sessions), cortizone shots and anti-inflamatory (Celebrex). I have had some relieve with the TTS, however, I now have exxxxtreme pain in my heel. Obviously none of this treatment worked for PF which my doc now says I probably have developed. So, this leaves me with pain in both heels. What fun getting up in the morning in so much pain I have to hold on something to get my balance. I'm now going for more x-rays and blood tests. I'm a little leary of having PF surgury on the left heel, since the right heel is still hurting. Oh well there is always prayer.

Re: PF and TTS (Ouch)

alan k on 8/21/00 at 20:34 (025963)

I had both as well. My wife too. She got cured of pf in a few months with strength, stretchng and massage. I took a year. She took one year to heal from tts, but only after acupuncture. You should definitiely look into that.

I still have not been cured of tts through acupuncture but I still have hope.

good luck,

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Bob G. on 8/22/00 at 01:16 (025978)

Have you tried nightspints? What has been your experience with nightsplints?

alan k on 8/21/00 at 20:34 (025963)

I had both as well. My wife too. She got cured of pf in a few months with strength, stretchng and massage. I took a year. She took one year to heal from tts, but only after acupuncture. You should definitiely look into that.

I still have not been cured of tts through acupuncture but I still have hope.

good luck,

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Bob G. on 8/22/00 at 01:16 (025978)

Have you tried nightspints? What has been your experience with nightsplints?