Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

When is a pun not a pun?

Posted by Bob G. on 8/22/00 at 00:24 (025976)

The apotheosis of the pun may well be the one about the jester with PF who punned on every subject except his royal master. When commanded to do so, he replied that the King was not a subject!

That pun was the last straw. The monarch ordered his execution. As the poor fellow hobbled up and stood on the gallows, a messenger arrived with the news that the king would pardon him on the condition that he would never commit another pun.

Looking at the rope coiled about his neck, he shifted his weight to his good foot and said, 'No noose is good noose!'...and, of course, he was hanged.

Re: When is a pun not a pun?

Stephanie S. on 8/22/00 at 09:22 (025994)

Bob G.....very good!! I needed some humor today...
thanks a mil'....

Steph

Steve P on 8/22/00 at 09:48 (026000)

Bob --- I once entered a Pun Contest sponsored by a local radio station. They were looking for the best pun in town. Each contestant was allowed to submit up to ten puns. So I sent in my best ten, hoping that at least one of them would win.
But no pun in ten did.

Re: No Pun Intended

Bob G. on 8/22/00 at 14:47 (026032)

Ha! Good one, Steve!

Stephanie S. on 8/22/00 at 09:22 (025994)

Bob G.....very good!! I needed some humor today...
thanks a mil'....

Steph

Steve P on 8/22/00 at 09:48 (026000)

Bob --- I once entered a Pun Contest sponsored by a local radio station. They were looking for the best pun in town. Each contestant was allowed to submit up to ten puns. So I sent in my best ten, hoping that at least one of them would win.
But no pun in ten did.

Re: No Pun Intended

Bob G. on 8/22/00 at 14:47 (026032)

Ha! Good one, Steve!