Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Zuckerman,

Posted by Pauline on 8/22/00 at 17:04 (026037)

If it turns out my tendon sheath is causing a major part of my pain as well as the plantar fascia, can they inject into the tendon sheath
directly with Triamcinolone acetonide and will it help in any way.
What is the usual treatment for atypical PF and does atypical mean
the tendons and sheaths are involved? I can't imagine much comming
from an ultra sound but it will be interesting to see since Henry
Ford in doing some progressive stuff, but unfortinuately I don't think it is in the PF area. They were a ESWT test site. Just have to
wait until next week. I want to have questions to ask when I go back.

Re: To Dr. Zuckerman,

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 17:08 (026038)

If it is the entire pf then I would do a posterior nerve block. This increases the circulation to the area and breaks up the pain cycle. Very good treatment if done right . This type of injection is called a sympathetic nerve block. It is done on the posterior tibial nerve.

Pauline on 8/22/00 at 17:12 (026041)

Is this painful? How long does it last? What can I expect afterward?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 17:25 (026044)

This shouldn't be painful. The effect may be a few days or weeks or months or for ever. You want to do additional posterior nerve blocks every week if the response is positive (less pain). There is no danger with this type of block. I think this is what Laurie R had done in California for her TTS. The problem was that it doesn't last if you have TTS.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 17:08 (026038)

If it is the entire pf then I would do a posterior nerve block. This increases the circulation to the area and breaks up the pain cycle. Very good treatment if done right . This type of injection is called a sympathetic nerve block. It is done on the posterior tibial nerve.

Pauline on 8/22/00 at 17:12 (026041)

Is this painful? How long does it last? What can I expect afterward?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 17:25 (026044)

This shouldn't be painful. The effect may be a few days or weeks or months or for ever. You want to do additional posterior nerve blocks every week if the response is positive (less pain). There is no danger with this type of block. I think this is what Laurie R had done in California for her TTS. The problem was that it doesn't last if you have TTS.