Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

need one more piece of info on ESWT....Dr. Z

Posted by Kathy on 8/22/00 at 19:53 (026062)

Can anyone tell me the cost of pf surgery compared to the cost of ESWT? Dr. Weil said the orbasone treatment would cost $ 2000.00 not including anesthesia, he uses a general, I'm putting all my material together to send to my HMO to see if they will pay for ESWT, I probably don't have a snowballs chance in h*** but I'm going to give it my best shot. Thanks for your help.

Re: need one more piece of info on ESWT....Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 23:59 (026075)

The typical surgical center fee is about $1200 depending on the contract that the center has with the insurance company. It could be as low as $400. The anesthologist bill could be the same. So it could be as high as $3000 pus surgeon's fee as low as $1200 for the entire job. You could demand from your insurance or ask the surgical center what the payment is. Your doctor could find out you by asking the sugical center or you could ask. The information could be found. I know that at one time I was going to open a surgical center and I looked up the payments that I would receive from medicare in the Federal Registry. Being that your insurance company is an HMO the payment is anywhere from what Medicare pays ranging from 80% of that fee to 125% of that fee. In plain english it probaby is alot less then $3000

Re: need one more piece of info on ESWT....Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/22/00 at 23:59 (026075)

The typical surgical center fee is about $1200 depending on the contract that the center has with the insurance company. It could be as low as $400. The anesthologist bill could be the same. So it could be as high as $3000 pus surgeon's fee as low as $1200 for the entire job. You could demand from your insurance or ask the surgical center what the payment is. Your doctor could find out you by asking the sugical center or you could ask. The information could be found. I know that at one time I was going to open a surgical center and I looked up the payments that I would receive from medicare in the Federal Registry. Being that your insurance company is an HMO the payment is anywhere from what Medicare pays ranging from 80% of that fee to 125% of that fee. In plain english it probaby is alot less then $3000