Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Life After PF

Posted by wendyw on 8/25/00 at 17:58 (026210)

Hi...it's been a long time since I looked in on this board. Primarily because I no longer consider myself to have the unlovely affliction of PF. I was a cronic sufferer at one time and a loyal devotee of this board. After two years of trying many things recommended here (and some we didn't agree on), I seem to have licked this thing and have no pain or residual problems. I wish the same to all of you.

I see many new features: I can't believe you have a real live doctor willing to spend the time to keep up with the board, will wonders never cease; I also can't believe you spend so much time chatting about pics of your selves...really! But this is a good thing that Scott has done for all PF sufferers and my hat is off to him

Adieux........ from Florida and a tennis nut (again!).

Re: Life After PF

suzi on 8/25/00 at 18:07 (026213)

yes, Scott and the docs on this board are amazing people to have such dedication, compassion and devotion to this board!!
thanks a bunch for all the guidance!!!

alan k on 8/25/00 at 18:37 (026218)

What helped you?

alan k

http://www.acuflex.com

salina on 8/25/00 at 19:08 (026221)

Thanks for taking the time to post. This gives us hope.
you just made my day. thanks a lot. To hear a past PF sufferer say they are enjoying tennis games again is music to my ears.

Nancy S. on 8/25/00 at 20:46 (026235)

Wendy W: Yes, we actually try to have a little fun along with the affliction. Really! Mighty inappropriate of us, a few might think.
'Life After PF': It would help if you'd describe what got you there.

wendyw on 8/26/00 at 06:24 (026253)

You asked what helped me get over PF. I would list my cure in the following order:
1. Quit walking, tennis, everything directly on feet. I took up water aerobics and biking for exercise and to stay in shape. I very gradually got back into those activities as I felt better.
2. The most dramatic help came from a night splint....relieved the morning pain almost immediately.
3. Stretching....very extensive five minute stretches, hanging over a step. I had to work up to that time, but the doc said that it was important to maximize the time in the stretch..so I did.
4. Orthotics, arch brace, and/or taping.
5. Finally, Celebrex took the last of the residual pain away. Slowly, the associated pain in arch and top of foot went away. I think these were due to walking unnaturally because of the heel pain.

What didn't help:
1. The D--- Podiatrist I first saw. Switched to an orthopodic doc after about 8 months.
2. The five cortisone shots in the foot that the pod gave me! Murder!

Good Luck All

suzi on 8/25/00 at 18:07 (026213)

yes, Scott and the docs on this board are amazing people to have such dedication, compassion and devotion to this board!!
thanks a bunch for all the guidance!!!

alan k on 8/25/00 at 18:37 (026218)

What helped you?

alan k

http://www.acuflex.com

salina on 8/25/00 at 19:08 (026221)

Thanks for taking the time to post. This gives us hope.
you just made my day. thanks a lot. To hear a past PF sufferer say they are enjoying tennis games again is music to my ears.

Nancy S. on 8/25/00 at 20:46 (026235)

Wendy W: Yes, we actually try to have a little fun along with the affliction. Really! Mighty inappropriate of us, a few might think.
'Life After PF': It would help if you'd describe what got you there.

wendyw on 8/26/00 at 06:24 (026253)

You asked what helped me get over PF. I would list my cure in the following order:
1. Quit walking, tennis, everything directly on feet. I took up water aerobics and biking for exercise and to stay in shape. I very gradually got back into those activities as I felt better.
2. The most dramatic help came from a night splint....relieved the morning pain almost immediately.
3. Stretching....very extensive five minute stretches, hanging over a step. I had to work up to that time, but the doc said that it was important to maximize the time in the stretch..so I did.
4. Orthotics, arch brace, and/or taping.
5. Finally, Celebrex took the last of the residual pain away. Slowly, the associated pain in arch and top of foot went away. I think these were due to walking unnaturally because of the heel pain.

What didn't help:
1. The D--- Podiatrist I first saw. Switched to an orthopodic doc after about 8 months.
2. The five cortisone shots in the foot that the pod gave me! Murder!

Good Luck All