Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PatM CALL YOUR DOCTOR YOU COULD HAVE A BLOOD CLOT

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/00 at 20:36 (026233)

I am going to post this every hour until I get a response . I don't want you to miss this message !!!!!!!!!!

Re: PatM CALL YOUR DOCTOR YOU COULD HAVE A BLOOD CLOT -- or go straight to Emergency Room, yes Dr. Z.?

Nancy S. on 8/25/00 at 20:53 (026236)

Good thinking, Dr. Z.!

Re: PatM CALL YOUR DOCTOR YOU COULD HAVE A BLOOD CLOT

Pat M. on 8/25/00 at 23:28 (026244)

Thank you so much for your help. I did call my doctor. Actually talked to doctor on call. There is no redness or swelling in my calf, so he said that he didn't think that a blood clot was the problem. He also told me that he thought that this was just normal muscle pain because of nonuse for so long. I am supposed to monitor it. Watch for any swelling. I certainly would never have called, though, if you hadn't mentioned it. If pain does not subside some by tomorrow he says to call my regular doctor. It is already feeling better. Not as stiff or sore. Thank you Dr. Z for your attention to our problems. I am watching very carefully now. Does redness and swelling usually accompany a clot? I am taking what you said very seriously. Thanks again.

JudyS on 8/26/00 at 01:12 (026248)

Pat - sounds like good (relatively!) news about your sore leg - now be prepared for ALL of us to bug you ALL weekend to keep a close eye on it! How were all the kids for week two?

DR. Zuckerman on 8/26/00 at 02:47 (026250)

Redness doesn't mean clot. Usually there is swelling, but not necessary. It probaby is a tendonitis but testing testing testing is the answer.

Pat M. on 8/26/00 at 07:38 (026256)

I always say that when someone is prepared to bug you over your health, it means that they must care at least a little. So, go ahead. Bug away. I really intend to watch closely.

My kids....hmmmmmm. How can I put this. They are coming into their own. It is a good thing that I am beginning to be able to stand. I think that I will be able to get a little more from them. They have really opened up over the last week. (If you know what I mean.) I love the little darlin's, but about half of them have decided that a teacher in a wheelchair is much less likely to catch some of the little things. Gotta get back in the groove. I suspect next week will be a little tougher on all of us. I am looking forward to being able to do more with them, too.
Thanks again, Pat M.

Re: BUG BUG BUG BUG...............eom :)

JudyS on 8/26/00 at 10:16 (026267)

:)

Re: PatM CALL YOUR DOCTOR YOU COULD HAVE A BLOOD CLOT -- or go straight to Emergency Room, yes Dr. Z.?

Nancy S. on 8/25/00 at 20:53 (026236)

Good thinking, Dr. Z.!

Pat M. on 8/25/00 at 23:28 (026244)

Thank you so much for your help. I did call my doctor. Actually talked to doctor on call. There is no redness or swelling in my calf, so he said that he didn't think that a blood clot was the problem. He also told me that he thought that this was just normal muscle pain because of nonuse for so long. I am supposed to monitor it. Watch for any swelling. I certainly would never have called, though, if you hadn't mentioned it. If pain does not subside some by tomorrow he says to call my regular doctor. It is already feeling better. Not as stiff or sore. Thank you Dr. Z for your attention to our problems. I am watching very carefully now. Does redness and swelling usually accompany a clot? I am taking what you said very seriously. Thanks again.

JudyS on 8/26/00 at 01:12 (026248)

Pat - sounds like good (relatively!) news about your sore leg - now be prepared for ALL of us to bug you ALL weekend to keep a close eye on it! How were all the kids for week two?

DR. Zuckerman on 8/26/00 at 02:47 (026250)

Redness doesn't mean clot. Usually there is swelling, but not necessary. It probaby is a tendonitis but testing testing testing is the answer.

Pat M. on 8/26/00 at 07:38 (026256)

I always say that when someone is prepared to bug you over your health, it means that they must care at least a little. So, go ahead. Bug away. I really intend to watch closely.

My kids....hmmmmmm. How can I put this. They are coming into their own. It is a good thing that I am beginning to be able to stand. I think that I will be able to get a little more from them. They have really opened up over the last week. (If you know what I mean.) I love the little darlin's, but about half of them have decided that a teacher in a wheelchair is much less likely to catch some of the little things. Gotta get back in the groove. I suspect next week will be a little tougher on all of us. I am looking forward to being able to do more with them, too.
Thanks again, Pat M.

Re: BUG BUG BUG BUG...............eom :)

JudyS on 8/26/00 at 10:16 (026267)

:)