Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please visit me on our DRS Biehler and Zuckerman message board.

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 8/26/00 at 22:28 (026310)

I want to get this board going. So if you have any questions go to the new board. Any body in pain there tonight.???? Just joking anyone is welcome to post any questions that either DR. Z or Dr. B will anwer for you. We are going to ge some magizines for the message office so please be patient.

Re: Please visit me on our DRS Biehler and Zuckerman message board.

Pauline on 8/27/00 at 08:09 (026321)

Personally, I'd rather visit you right here! I find no need to flip back and forth.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/00 at 08:10 (026322)

How about making this either a topic section. or if you want to ask me a specific quesion directed to either Dr. Z or Dr. B. This could cut down on the long long thread. So if we are in a long thread and the orginal person wants to take the thread over to this board do it.
I still think that the others can come over to this section and continue to moniter and post into any thread period. i am just thinking out loud.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/00 at 08:11 (026323)

Plese take a look at my idea. I think Scott's point is to reduce the length of the threads. Take a look at my post above and then let me know what you think.

Pat M. on 8/27/00 at 08:21 (026325)

I for one do hope that you will continue to monitor this board as well. Even though it seems that my leg problem may be only muscle related, It gives me a lot of comfort to know that you were there to warn me. Without that I would not have talked to the Doctor here and it could have ended up very badly.
The idea of a seperate board is o.k., but please keep an eye on the rest of us too. I would not have bothered you doctors with my sore muscle question, because I would have not thought it anything other than just that.
Thank you for your help and guidance,
Pat M.
P.S. I prefer People magazine. It has nice short reads while waiting for the doctor. :)

Re: Dr. Z.: Your Q & A board is not operating, but I do have a PFT question

Beverly on 8/27/00 at 14:24 (026369)

Dear Dr. Z.,

I would be happy to visit you at your new link/board, but it's not up/working at the moment.

I do have a PFT question. I have read recent posts regarding the proper placement of toes/feet being critical for PFT success. I'm still not sure I understand. I will be doing this under my PT's supervision, but
she only has the PFT manual to go by. The gadget is new to her too.
Could you give us any specific pointers? Things to watch out for that we might not get or understand from the pictures/directions in the manual. I especially don't want to make my big toe sore.
I want to be sure and use it correctly.

Also, what do you make of this? Two months ago, I could not stand to put on an athletic shoe with an insert. I had worn them in the past with a wide variety of inserts. But when I tried wearing them (even a size bigger) with my inserts (Spenco seem to be the best for me), they hurt the tops of my feet because the shoe just felt too tight for my foot. Plus, it bothered a very small dorsal bunion. This was true no matter what athletic shoe I tried. I bought a pair of Brooks since they run wide, but they did not work either... felt too tight. I stayed in Birks and similar sandals.

Two weeks ago, I tried the Brooks athletic shoes with Spenco inserts.
Now they feel fine. I've been wearing them off and on. Sometimes, one foot will feel almost pain-free, but which foot varies from day-to-day.
I am alternating the athletic shoes with my Birks.

I seem to be doing fine with that modified stretch routine you suggested. I have increased the 50% reduction by 10% now that it is a week later.

In general, my PT says that my feet are definitely less squishy than when she first started massaging them two months ago. Sometimes, the squishyness is less than other times. But in general, I think I have less inflammation, and having my athletic shoe fit right again seems like a clue that inflammation is less.

So, do you think it sounds like I am getting better/making progress?
I ask this, because the cortizone shot is getting tempting, but I am afraid of them. If it sounds like I am making progress, even slow progress, I will wait a bit longer before I ask for the shot.

Thank you,
Beverly

Pauline on 8/27/00 at 08:09 (026321)

Personally, I'd rather visit you right here! I find no need to flip back and forth.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/00 at 08:10 (026322)

How about making this either a topic section. or if you want to ask me a specific quesion directed to either Dr. Z or Dr. B. This could cut down on the long long thread. So if we are in a long thread and the orginal person wants to take the thread over to this board do it.
I still think that the others can come over to this section and continue to moniter and post into any thread period. i am just thinking out loud.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/27/00 at 08:11 (026323)

Plese take a look at my idea. I think Scott's point is to reduce the length of the threads. Take a look at my post above and then let me know what you think.

Pat M. on 8/27/00 at 08:21 (026325)

I for one do hope that you will continue to monitor this board as well. Even though it seems that my leg problem may be only muscle related, It gives me a lot of comfort to know that you were there to warn me. Without that I would not have talked to the Doctor here and it could have ended up very badly.
The idea of a seperate board is o.k., but please keep an eye on the rest of us too. I would not have bothered you doctors with my sore muscle question, because I would have not thought it anything other than just that.
Thank you for your help and guidance,
Pat M.
P.S. I prefer People magazine. It has nice short reads while waiting for the doctor. :)

Re: Dr. Z.: Your Q & A board is not operating, but I do have a PFT question

Beverly on 8/27/00 at 14:24 (026369)

Dear Dr. Z.,

I would be happy to visit you at your new link/board, but it's not up/working at the moment.

I do have a PFT question. I have read recent posts regarding the proper placement of toes/feet being critical for PFT success. I'm still not sure I understand. I will be doing this under my PT's supervision, but
she only has the PFT manual to go by. The gadget is new to her too.
Could you give us any specific pointers? Things to watch out for that we might not get or understand from the pictures/directions in the manual. I especially don't want to make my big toe sore.
I want to be sure and use it correctly.

Also, what do you make of this? Two months ago, I could not stand to put on an athletic shoe with an insert. I had worn them in the past with a wide variety of inserts. But when I tried wearing them (even a size bigger) with my inserts (Spenco seem to be the best for me), they hurt the tops of my feet because the shoe just felt too tight for my foot. Plus, it bothered a very small dorsal bunion. This was true no matter what athletic shoe I tried. I bought a pair of Brooks since they run wide, but they did not work either... felt too tight. I stayed in Birks and similar sandals.

Two weeks ago, I tried the Brooks athletic shoes with Spenco inserts.
Now they feel fine. I've been wearing them off and on. Sometimes, one foot will feel almost pain-free, but which foot varies from day-to-day.
I am alternating the athletic shoes with my Birks.

I seem to be doing fine with that modified stretch routine you suggested. I have increased the 50% reduction by 10% now that it is a week later.

In general, my PT says that my feet are definitely less squishy than when she first started massaging them two months ago. Sometimes, the squishyness is less than other times. But in general, I think I have less inflammation, and having my athletic shoe fit right again seems like a clue that inflammation is less.

So, do you think it sounds like I am getting better/making progress?
I ask this, because the cortizone shot is getting tempting, but I am afraid of them. If it sounds like I am making progress, even slow progress, I will wait a bit longer before I ask for the shot.

Thank you,
Beverly