Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Could something else be wrong

Posted by KarenS on 8/27/00 at 23:50 (026448)

Dr. Z: I had an open release and heel spur removal done June 29th. After 2 weeks I was put in a cast for 4 weeks. I am now in PT but am in alot of pain, even at rest my foot is constantly sore in the arch area as well as along the outside of my foot. The bottom of my leg is also sore. The inside of my ankle is very swelled above my incision. The physio therapist put me back to using both my crutches again and doesn't understand why I am in so much pain.

Friday she said my ankle and calf muscles are very tight and is manually stretching them. When I was laying on my stomach she said my feet are pointing out instead of down which was odd.

Could something else be going on with my feet that I should have looked at. I am very discouraged at this point.

Thanks for your help.

Karen

Re: Could something else be wrong

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/28/00 at 12:02 (026481)

An open pf release is a very long and difficult road to recovery.
I have done an open release in over twenty years. MIS procedures which are still invasive can take up to six months to feel better. You are looking at alot of healing time. I have found that the cryo-cuff is the way to go to help you. This is an ice therapy device. Go to the search engine for more informatin if you wan it for cyrocuff.
Talk to your doctor let him examine you again just to see if this is where he thinks your foot should and could be at this stage.

Re: Could something else be wrong

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/28/00 at 12:02 (026481)

An open pf release is a very long and difficult road to recovery.
I have done an open release in over twenty years. MIS procedures which are still invasive can take up to six months to feel better. You are looking at alot of healing time. I have found that the cryo-cuff is the way to go to help you. This is an ice therapy device. Go to the search engine for more informatin if you wan it for cyrocuff.
Talk to your doctor let him examine you again just to see if this is where he thinks your foot should and could be at this stage.