Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Z

Posted by Pauline on 8/28/00 at 06:25 (026451)

Some time ago after my husband was misdiagnosed with an aorta aneurysm I removed doctors from the pedestal on which I had placed them and began to see them simply as people. People who chose to go
into the medical profession accepting all its prestigous times along with its tribulations. They breath the same air, their blood is the same color and they require the same nutrition as everyone else.

Since I have no idea how you came to be part of Scott's web site, if by invitation, or casual surfing, I along with the many others that post assumed you freely chose to offer your expertise in the areas we discuss. Never in my mind did I think that someday there would be a 'fee for asking' associated with your answers because it was never discussed.

I don't know who's idea it was or if you had any part in the decision, but I can tell you if this was your motive from the beginning than those arrangements should have been posted from the very start. I would lose so much respect for you if 'now' you
decided to charge for the answers you post on this site. If this is what you and Scott have discussed and want to initiate then why not create a new site with a monthly fee up front. This backdoor approach I find unexceptable to the profession.

I think everyone that posts thinks of you as a friend and holds you
in high esteem. Wanting to charge for answers 'now' has caused me to take a second look at your initial reasons for wanting to be part of this board.

Re: To Dr. Z

Stephanie S. on 8/28/00 at 07:10 (026453)

Pauline.....I don't even know where to start today....as many of the people on the board have said...It's really not a big deal...the change of the board.

Breaking it up a bit is only going to encourage newcomers...minus the last day because of all the arguing that's been going on.

Keep in mind...this is Scott's site...he is the one who maintain's the site..and I for one can only thank him...it has helped me in many,many ways.

There have been some post from newcomers not liking to have to surf through all of our 'social chats'. It's really not a big deal...just click on the 'view last messages'.

As far as Dr.Z goes....lord !! I can't believe you would even 'dog' this man. This man who has come to many and helped...including you I might add!!

Where were you in the post he made in response to the 'fees' idea? If
I remember right.....he was 'not crazy' about the idea. That obviously is a post that you didn't get the chance to read.

You really need to calm down about this whole issue....and quit making so many accusations towards others. It's not a nice thing to do.

Stephanie S.

Re: Dear Stephanie-----To Dr. Z

Pauline on 8/28/00 at 08:22 (026458)

Dear Stephanie,
I appreciate the dialog because in America everyone is allowed freedom of speech. I am not accusing anyone of anything only posing
things to think about. All of us including myself are eternally
grateful to Dr. Z and Dr.B for that matter for providing us with valuable medical information, calming our fears, and in many cases actually providing medical treatment.

Indeed I agree with you that this is Scott's board and certainly
he can change and aline things to his own desires, however, when
he wants to begin charging visitors without first identifing the need I feel I have a right to question why.

To pose questions, to examine, to disect are ways to determine the truth. Why do you find me guilty without thorough examination.

I have no doubt that Scott will continue to do what Scott wants to do and that Dr. Z will continue to give generously of his time and knowledge, both laborers of love and both greatly appreciated by me and others.

Re: To Dr. Z

Stephanie S. on 8/28/00 at 07:10 (026453)

Pauline.....I don't even know where to start today....as many of the people on the board have said...It's really not a big deal...the change of the board.

Breaking it up a bit is only going to encourage newcomers...minus the last day because of all the arguing that's been going on.

Keep in mind...this is Scott's site...he is the one who maintain's the site..and I for one can only thank him...it has helped me in many,many ways.

There have been some post from newcomers not liking to have to surf through all of our 'social chats'. It's really not a big deal...just click on the 'view last messages'.

As far as Dr.Z goes....lord !! I can't believe you would even 'dog' this man. This man who has come to many and helped...including you I might add!!

Where were you in the post he made in response to the 'fees' idea? If
I remember right.....he was 'not crazy' about the idea. That obviously is a post that you didn't get the chance to read.

You really need to calm down about this whole issue....and quit making so many accusations towards others. It's not a nice thing to do.

Stephanie S.

Re: Dear Stephanie-----To Dr. Z

Pauline on 8/28/00 at 08:22 (026458)

Dear Stephanie,
I appreciate the dialog because in America everyone is allowed freedom of speech. I am not accusing anyone of anything only posing
things to think about. All of us including myself are eternally
grateful to Dr. Z and Dr.B for that matter for providing us with valuable medical information, calming our fears, and in many cases actually providing medical treatment.

Indeed I agree with you that this is Scott's board and certainly
he can change and aline things to his own desires, however, when
he wants to begin charging visitors without first identifing the need I feel I have a right to question why.

To pose questions, to examine, to disect are ways to determine the truth. Why do you find me guilty without thorough examination.

I have no doubt that Scott will continue to do what Scott wants to do and that Dr. Z will continue to give generously of his time and knowledge, both laborers of love and both greatly appreciated by me and others.