Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Voice Conferencing over internet using FireTalk

Posted by Scott R on 8/28/00 at 12:40 (026487)

Let's try meeting by voice the first Monday of each month at 6:00pm EST using the program that can be downloaded for free at http://www.firetalk.com
Windows 95/98 or NT4 is required (120 MHz pentium or better).
Go into the 'heel pain' forum and use the password 'hp'.
I've posted a message to the main message board page.
If you have speakers but no microphone or if you can't get your microphone working, you can listen and type messages.

Re: Voice Conferencing over internet using FireTalk

cindyp on 8/28/00 at 13:52 (026500)

Then why not get icq and everybody have a conference?

Beverly on 8/28/00 at 15:06 (026515)

I'd love to chat with you all, but I have a Mac. I'm not very technically gifted so even if this software would work with Mac, it does not mean I can figure it out.
It's a great idea, and a good addition to the board. If there is a way to do this with Mac, let me know. Perhaps one of my geekier friends could walk me through loading the software.
Beverly

john h on 8/28/00 at 16:54 (026524)

rats!! i am a Mac man so no fire talk for me. i do have voice capability. Another forum we might use Scott is AOL Instant Messanger. It is of course on the web as well as AOL and is free to all to download. Any of you who use Instant Messanger I would appreciate your Messanger Name so i can lock it in to my mail box and be able to chat with you on line when i see your name pop up. I am 'JHOLT17238' on the instant messanger board.

wendyn on 8/28/00 at 17:31 (026525)

I would be interested in giving this a shot - but I'm in mountain time so that's just to early for me. Any chance of moving it later for those of us out west?

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 17:41 (026527)

John, does AOL use voice conferencing or is it just text?

Re: Oh, Crap!

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 17:46 (026528)

I was thinking EST was the early time but I got it backwards. Let's make the voice conferencing time 1st Sunday of each month at 10:00pm EST. I'm choosing the time based on previous experience. It does not work with the mac to my knowledge unless the mac runs windows 95/98/ or NT.

cindyp on 8/28/00 at 17:54 (026529)

Well unless I don't know where to look I dont' see a heel pain forum?

Re: FireTalk discussions

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 18:07 (026531)

I made a couple of mistake in the previous post. The program for voice discussions (may not work on Mac) is at http://www.firetalk.com

The meeting time is 10:00pm EST Sunday in the Heel Pain forum in the 'General' category with the password 'hp' (lowercase). If the forum does not exist when you get on, create it for us.

john h on 8/29/00 at 09:23 (026590)

instant messanger is just text but it crosses over to the internet. i do think they have a voice program. the nice thing about instant messanger is that anytime a member goes on line your are notified and can instantly chat one on one one on a hundred.

Scott R on 8/29/00 at 13:02 (026608)

FireTalk is both text and voice, and it also notifies you when a buddy is online. It's basically instant messenger with telephone and conferencing added.

cindyp on 8/28/00 at 13:52 (026500)

Then why not get icq and everybody have a conference?

Beverly on 8/28/00 at 15:06 (026515)

I'd love to chat with you all, but I have a Mac. I'm not very technically gifted so even if this software would work with Mac, it does not mean I can figure it out.
It's a great idea, and a good addition to the board. If there is a way to do this with Mac, let me know. Perhaps one of my geekier friends could walk me through loading the software.
Beverly

john h on 8/28/00 at 16:54 (026524)

rats!! i am a Mac man so no fire talk for me. i do have voice capability. Another forum we might use Scott is AOL Instant Messanger. It is of course on the web as well as AOL and is free to all to download. Any of you who use Instant Messanger I would appreciate your Messanger Name so i can lock it in to my mail box and be able to chat with you on line when i see your name pop up. I am 'JHOLT17238' on the instant messanger board.

wendyn on 8/28/00 at 17:31 (026525)

I would be interested in giving this a shot - but I'm in mountain time so that's just to early for me. Any chance of moving it later for those of us out west?

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 17:41 (026527)

John, does AOL use voice conferencing or is it just text?

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 17:46 (026528)

I was thinking EST was the early time but I got it backwards. Let's make the voice conferencing time 1st Sunday of each month at 10:00pm EST. I'm choosing the time based on previous experience. It does not work with the mac to my knowledge unless the mac runs windows 95/98/ or NT.

cindyp on 8/28/00 at 17:54 (026529)

Well unless I don't know where to look I dont' see a heel pain forum?

Re: FireTalk discussions

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 18:07 (026531)

I made a couple of mistake in the previous post. The program for voice discussions (may not work on Mac) is at http://www.firetalk.com

The meeting time is 10:00pm EST Sunday in the Heel Pain forum in the 'General' category with the password 'hp' (lowercase). If the forum does not exist when you get on, create it for us.

john h on 8/29/00 at 09:23 (026590)

instant messanger is just text but it crosses over to the internet. i do think they have a voice program. the nice thing about instant messanger is that anytime a member goes on line your are notified and can instantly chat one on one one on a hundred.

Scott R on 8/29/00 at 13:02 (026608)

FireTalk is both text and voice, and it also notifies you when a buddy is online. It's basically instant messenger with telephone and conferencing added.