Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Movement in heel?

Posted by Kathy on 8/28/00 at 17:32 (026526)

Hi,
I am new to the board. I have had pf off and on for 9 years. Got rid of it for several years after a cortisone injection but it came back with a vengance about a year and a half ago due to a long hike in bad shoes. Been to a podiatrist twice and had injections just a week ago and a year ago. I hardly get around at all and want my life back, but my main question is about a movement under the skin of my heel. About a month ago, I noticed that there was more pain in my right heel and it felt like something was moving to the side upon releasing pressure from the floor when walking. It is kinda like something popping back and rolling sideways some under the skin when I lift my foot from the floor. Does anyone else have this problem? What is it? I also have fibromyalgia and being inactive is not doing that any good. Any suggestions about what this is or how to treat it? I have done lots of reading over the years about pf and know what I need to do, just having more of a problem with it this time. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Re: Movement in heel?

Dr., Biehler on 8/28/00 at 19:52 (026539)

When a fascia ruptures you can feel it sort of flap under the skin. Different cysts, plantar fibroma and herniated fat pad can also can feel like this. Doppler to rule out hemangioma, x-ray then MRI are different tests that can be used. Dr. Biehler

Kathy on 8/29/00 at 21:04 (026677)

Thanks for the info. I had an x-ray taken and the pod didn't see anything, so it is probably soft tissue. Are any of those things you mentioned serious? Should I make an appointment with another doctor immediately? Thanks

Dr. Biehler on 8/29/00 at 21:44 (026682)

If it is not growning in size and if your Pod was not that concerned then you should be alright. Just keep an eye on it.

Re: Movement in heel? Thanks

Kathy on 8/30/00 at 21:12 (026782)

Thanks so much for your help.

Dr., Biehler on 8/28/00 at 19:52 (026539)

When a fascia ruptures you can feel it sort of flap under the skin. Different cysts, plantar fibroma and herniated fat pad can also can feel like this. Doppler to rule out hemangioma, x-ray then MRI are different tests that can be used. Dr. Biehler

Kathy on 8/29/00 at 21:04 (026677)

Thanks for the info. I had an x-ray taken and the pod didn't see anything, so it is probably soft tissue. Are any of those things you mentioned serious? Should I make an appointment with another doctor immediately? Thanks

Dr. Biehler on 8/29/00 at 21:44 (026682)

If it is not growning in size and if your Pod was not that concerned then you should be alright. Just keep an eye on it.

Re: Movement in heel? Thanks

Kathy on 8/30/00 at 21:12 (026782)

Thanks so much for your help.