Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where'd that post go?

Posted by Bob G. on 8/28/00 at 22:47 (026561)

Actually, this is kinda fun. Like an Easter egg hunt.

So I logged on and clicked View Messages Since Last Visit. Cool. I found two posts that I wanted to respond to. So I responded to one, then was wisked away into the general meeting room and could not find (nor remember) the other post that I wanted to respond to. Should have written the information down.

Is there anyway to leave it the way it was, sort of, and add other rooms for those who want a foot massage or talk with a doctor?

I like the idea of a humor room. We could call it Laughing Feet & Straight Jackets, he he he. Well...

Re: Where'd that post go?

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 22:49 (026562)

Yes, I've just realized this problem and am working on a solution.

Re: Humor - pun just for you Bob

wendyn on 8/28/00 at 22:55 (026563)

I don't write em, I just repeat em.

A doctor made it his regular habit to stop off at a bar for a hazelnut daiquiri on his way home. The bartender knew of his habit, and would always have the drink waiting at precisely 5:03 pm. One afternoon, as the end of the work day approached, the bartender was dismayed to find that he was out of hazelnut extract. Thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made with hickory nuts and set it on the bar. The doctor came in at his regular time, took one sip of the drink and exclaimed 'This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri!'

'No, I'm sorry', replied the bartender, 'it's a hickory daiquiri, doc.'

Groan..........

JudyS on 8/28/00 at 23:12 (026564)

Hi Bob - I was wondering where you were! Guess you went down the same black hole as the post you couldn't find!

Anthony's is the most favorite local and tourist joint for fish & chips but we never go there anymore - too crowded! But if you get a table at the window (overlooks SD Bay) it's not bad.

I actually don't do fish and chips but my homemade bread has a bit of a reputation around these parts.........it'll be here when you are!
How are your knees?

Nancy S. on 8/28/00 at 23:19 (026565)

I see the 'view index list of messages from all boards' is gone, at least for the moment. I hope it's not gone permanently, because my search for posts I wanted to respond to will be, well, hopeless.
Nancy

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:16 (026568)

Cool. I just bookmarked this thread so I can get back to Bev, Nancy and Judy. Non-stop.

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 00:18 (026569)

Hot diggity, Bob! Let the non-stop partying begin!

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:22 (026571)

Wendyn, that is the BEST pun I've heard all day. For that, I will stand you to a drink next time you're in Morro Bay. BG

Re: Where's the Fish n Chips?

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:34 (026572)

Hey, Judy, my knees are loving it. They get to wear Ace knee braces around the clock, sometimes with the NightSplint complete with S/Sock and Birk arch support. Oh well, we did our daily (seven days in a row, now) brisk walk and then 'gentle' jog on soft sand for quite a distance, total 45 minutes. I would say, 'Take my heartbeat/pulse rate' and consider me a young athlete, per cardiovascular, not bad for 52. All thanks to the NightSplint.

Each day the knees are better (nada heel pain), but cannot consider running on hard sand, yet. Must lose the gut, then will consider hard sand. Gradual increases each day and I am always tempted to let loose and run, but no no no. Don't want another set-back.

I am getting to know all of the fish n chips places up and down the coast. Most of them are too greasy. My favorite is the Galley in Morro Bay. Hey, I live in Morro Bay! :)

Cheers! BG

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:21 (026597)

Hey Bob - I really enjoy hearing about your slow and steady progress. I especially like that you're patient enough to keep it studiously slow and steady. That's a very smart way to handle your re-entry in to physical activity and it's great role-modeling for the rest of us.
John and I camped for several days after we took Chris back up there - one day we strolled north out of El Capitan Beach on the hard-pack. Naturally I was worried that my feet wouldn't go more than a mile but something interesting took place. I was walking barefoot on the wet hard-pack with the surf occasionally flowing over my feet - and I actually went for an hour with no soreness! I figured out why - can you?

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 10:39 (026600)

Judy, I give up. How did you go a mile without pain - and barefoot, too?

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:46 (026602)

the water was COLD!

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 22:31 (026687)

No way! It had to be just one of those days...you know, some days things just go well, and other days things just go not-so-well. Lucky you!!! :)

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 22:40 (026693)

No, really! Think about it. The coldness of the water kept my feet from swelling and getting sore while I walked. I lasted for well over an hour.
We're going to try Refugio next trip.

Scott R on 8/28/00 at 22:49 (026562)

Yes, I've just realized this problem and am working on a solution.

wendyn on 8/28/00 at 22:55 (026563)

I don't write em, I just repeat em.

A doctor made it his regular habit to stop off at a bar for a hazelnut daiquiri on his way home. The bartender knew of his habit, and would always have the drink waiting at precisely 5:03 pm. One afternoon, as the end of the work day approached, the bartender was dismayed to find that he was out of hazelnut extract. Thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made with hickory nuts and set it on the bar. The doctor came in at his regular time, took one sip of the drink and exclaimed 'This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri!'

'No, I'm sorry', replied the bartender, 'it's a hickory daiquiri, doc.'

Groan..........

JudyS on 8/28/00 at 23:12 (026564)

Hi Bob - I was wondering where you were! Guess you went down the same black hole as the post you couldn't find!

Anthony's is the most favorite local and tourist joint for fish & chips but we never go there anymore - too crowded! But if you get a table at the window (overlooks SD Bay) it's not bad.

I actually don't do fish and chips but my homemade bread has a bit of a reputation around these parts.........it'll be here when you are!
How are your knees?

Nancy S. on 8/28/00 at 23:19 (026565)

I see the 'view index list of messages from all boards' is gone, at least for the moment. I hope it's not gone permanently, because my search for posts I wanted to respond to will be, well, hopeless.
Nancy

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:16 (026568)

Cool. I just bookmarked this thread so I can get back to Bev, Nancy and Judy. Non-stop.

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 00:18 (026569)

Hot diggity, Bob! Let the non-stop partying begin!

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:22 (026571)

Wendyn, that is the BEST pun I've heard all day. For that, I will stand you to a drink next time you're in Morro Bay. BG

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 00:34 (026572)

Hey, Judy, my knees are loving it. They get to wear Ace knee braces around the clock, sometimes with the NightSplint complete with S/Sock and Birk arch support. Oh well, we did our daily (seven days in a row, now) brisk walk and then 'gentle' jog on soft sand for quite a distance, total 45 minutes. I would say, 'Take my heartbeat/pulse rate' and consider me a young athlete, per cardiovascular, not bad for 52. All thanks to the NightSplint.

Each day the knees are better (nada heel pain), but cannot consider running on hard sand, yet. Must lose the gut, then will consider hard sand. Gradual increases each day and I am always tempted to let loose and run, but no no no. Don't want another set-back.

I am getting to know all of the fish n chips places up and down the coast. Most of them are too greasy. My favorite is the Galley in Morro Bay. Hey, I live in Morro Bay! :)

Cheers! BG

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:21 (026597)

Hey Bob - I really enjoy hearing about your slow and steady progress. I especially like that you're patient enough to keep it studiously slow and steady. That's a very smart way to handle your re-entry in to physical activity and it's great role-modeling for the rest of us.
John and I camped for several days after we took Chris back up there - one day we strolled north out of El Capitan Beach on the hard-pack. Naturally I was worried that my feet wouldn't go more than a mile but something interesting took place. I was walking barefoot on the wet hard-pack with the surf occasionally flowing over my feet - and I actually went for an hour with no soreness! I figured out why - can you?

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 10:39 (026600)

Judy, I give up. How did you go a mile without pain - and barefoot, too?

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:46 (026602)

the water was COLD!

Bob G. on 8/29/00 at 22:31 (026687)

No way! It had to be just one of those days...you know, some days things just go well, and other days things just go not-so-well. Lucky you!!! :)

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 22:40 (026693)

No, really! Think about it. The coldness of the water kept my feet from swelling and getting sore while I walked. I lasted for well over an hour.
We're going to try Refugio next trip.