Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back on Voltaren...

Posted by Sweetfeet on 8/29/00 at 09:00 (026586)

Went to see my pod yesterday. He said I should go back on the anti-inflammatory, and he actually adjusted my orthotic. One day on the drug and my foot does not hurt. Maybe the adjustment and drug will do the trick. In any case, my boyfriend is sick of sitting around with me. He is now going back to swing dancing (without me). Boo hoo. You know, it really isn't fair to make him sit with me when he can still dance. Oh, how I miss it. It is hard to go to a dance and just sit there watching everyone else. It is inevitable that I will be asked over and over to get up and dance. Oh, well, this is PF at its worse. It truly has taken me away from the things that I so loved that in the end gave me PF. It's a vicious circle.

Re: Back on Voltaren...

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:09 (026593)

Hi SF - glad to see your name this AM! About that dancing....I know how hard it is but try to keep in mind that it's not necessarily over for good! I don't remember how long you've had PF but there are some here who've recovered completely after a year, two, or longer with PF. If dancing again is your goal, then you'll probably do everything it takes, plus patience, to get back there. Did you know that our BobG is in to ballroom dancing also?

Nancy S. on 8/29/00 at 10:20 (026596)

Sweetfeet, what kind of orthotics do you have, and do you think they are helping you? I had the rigid plastic kind, which hurt me, and I'm beginning to wonder if a significant number of other PFers have better luck with semi-rigid (or other kind). Thanks --
Nancy

Jan on 8/29/00 at 15:13 (026626)

I know what you mean to sit out the swing thing. I haven't danced with my boyfriend in a year and we met because we were dance partners so you can imagine my paranoia. I used to still go to shows and would eventually cave in and dance a song. I'm sure that has contributed to me still having to sit them out. I now don't attend because I can't be trusted to abide by my own limits and my friends encourage me to 'just dance one song'....some friends, huh?
Be patient, don't dance and you'll get back there. Give it time.

john h on 8/30/00 at 09:41 (026727)

has anyone just tried a high dose of enteric coated aspirin and achieved any help. sure a lot cheaper than vioxx,celebrex,etc and i have received zip results from all the various high powered drugs.

JudyS on 8/29/00 at 10:09 (026593)

Hi SF - glad to see your name this AM! About that dancing....I know how hard it is but try to keep in mind that it's not necessarily over for good! I don't remember how long you've had PF but there are some here who've recovered completely after a year, two, or longer with PF. If dancing again is your goal, then you'll probably do everything it takes, plus patience, to get back there. Did you know that our BobG is in to ballroom dancing also?

Nancy S. on 8/29/00 at 10:20 (026596)

Sweetfeet, what kind of orthotics do you have, and do you think they are helping you? I had the rigid plastic kind, which hurt me, and I'm beginning to wonder if a significant number of other PFers have better luck with semi-rigid (or other kind). Thanks --
Nancy

Jan on 8/29/00 at 15:13 (026626)

I know what you mean to sit out the swing thing. I haven't danced with my boyfriend in a year and we met because we were dance partners so you can imagine my paranoia. I used to still go to shows and would eventually cave in and dance a song. I'm sure that has contributed to me still having to sit them out. I now don't attend because I can't be trusted to abide by my own limits and my friends encourage me to 'just dance one song'....some friends, huh?
Be patient, don't dance and you'll get back there. Give it time.

john h on 8/30/00 at 09:41 (026727)

has anyone just tried a high dose of enteric coated aspirin and achieved any help. sure a lot cheaper than vioxx,celebrex,etc and i have received zip results from all the various high powered drugs.