Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Progress

Posted by john h on 8/29/00 at 14:52 (026622)

much to early to report much (4 days). I went to my massage thearpist today who i have been seeing for 2 yrs. I asked her to what my feet felt like to her since she knows more about how they feel and appear than i do. She said there was a very noticable difference in the tightness and swelling in the area that was treated by the orbasone. much less tightness and swelling. it appeared the same to me and i just wanted her to confirm what i thought. the initial sorness from the treatment has gone. yesterday i rode a stationary bike for 30 minutes and did some mild stretching. taking 200 mg celebrex each day. i have not yet gone for a 1 mile walk which will be an acid test of how the foot is doing. my pain level is down but it is sometimes down anyway so i cannot attribute that to treatment as yet. regardless of how this turns out i am very glad i had the procedure because i would not want to go through life with my feet hurting like hell when there was a cure available. i do go to work each day and walk several miles in the course of my every day business (in birks) and my feet are not doing bad. i still have 2 treatments available to me if i should need them. the fact the tightness and swelling is down has to be positive- hope this correlates to a reduction in pain.

Re: ESWT Progress

Martha B. on 8/29/00 at 21:01 (026676)

John, I read your question this am regarding activity after eswt and if I remember correctly the 2 Canada doctors told 'THE GROUP' different things. Galea told me to walk as much as my feet allowed which is what I did. Also he gave me 2 simple stretches to begin immediately. They didnt want me to ice or take the antiinflams for 2 weeks after ossatron-just tylenol. It's been 111/2 months and I continue to do very well. Best wishes for your recovery! P.S. What happened to our Healthtronics stock????

john h on 8/30/00 at 16:23 (026763)

thanks martha. dr z said not to ice also. i stopped the celebrex today and will just do minor stretching. seems like all the eswt providers should be on the same page when it comes to what to do after treatment. as you said i remember different people getting different advice in canada. how long after treatment was it until you think you achieved max results?

Nancy N on 8/31/00 at 11:00 (026811)

Interesting--I was told to do quite a bit of stretching and to ice after each stretch period.

Nancy N on 8/31/00 at 14:40 (026823)

This is interesting--I was told do to quite a lot of stretching and to ice after the stretch. Do those of you who've already had the treatment have any thoughts on what you were told and how well it worked?

john h on 8/31/00 at 16:44 (026827)

apparently people treated by the same doctor in canada may have been given different instructions on what to do after treatment. i was reading that horses who receive ESWT are locked in the stall for 1 week and then let out to exercise. maybe i should have rented a horse stall for a week.

john h on 8/31/00 at 16:48 (026829)

martha i still have my healthtronics stock which i bought at around 10. it has been hovering around 14 for the past month but i really think it will go to 20 when the fda gives final approval to the ossatron. the company is a profitable company even without ossatron and would seem to me to be a good candidate to be bought out. it used to be only a few thousand shares were traded daily but now it is not uncommon to see 25,000 a day. there are about 11,000,000 shares outstanding and it is closely held.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 17:04 (026835)

Buy healthronic now if you are going to. !!!!

Martha B. on 8/31/00 at 17:43 (026836)

John H.-It is strange how you 'forget' things when the pain subsides but to the best of my memory my improvement peaked around 14 weeks. I was so fortunate that my progress was gradual and I never really had a setback. Don't get me wrong,there were days that I wondered if I had wasted my time and $$$.lol The ironic thing was that my fascia measured 1mm more on my right foot but the pain was MUCH worse in the left so that is the foot which was ossatroned. Thanks for the stock news-I bought in about 81/2 so you know how I felt about the ossatron-20 sounds wonderful. It's 107 degrees here in Texas today!! Wish I was in an igloo!!

Martha B. on 8/29/00 at 21:01 (026676)

John, I read your question this am regarding activity after eswt and if I remember correctly the 2 Canada doctors told 'THE GROUP' different things. Galea told me to walk as much as my feet allowed which is what I did. Also he gave me 2 simple stretches to begin immediately. They didnt want me to ice or take the antiinflams for 2 weeks after ossatron-just tylenol. It's been 111/2 months and I continue to do very well. Best wishes for your recovery! P.S. What happened to our Healthtronics stock????

john h on 8/30/00 at 16:23 (026763)

thanks martha. dr z said not to ice also. i stopped the celebrex today and will just do minor stretching. seems like all the eswt providers should be on the same page when it comes to what to do after treatment. as you said i remember different people getting different advice in canada. how long after treatment was it until you think you achieved max results?

Nancy N on 8/31/00 at 11:00 (026811)

Interesting--I was told to do quite a bit of stretching and to ice after each stretch period.

Nancy N on 8/31/00 at 14:40 (026823)

This is interesting--I was told do to quite a lot of stretching and to ice after the stretch. Do those of you who've already had the treatment have any thoughts on what you were told and how well it worked?

john h on 8/31/00 at 16:44 (026827)

apparently people treated by the same doctor in canada may have been given different instructions on what to do after treatment. i was reading that horses who receive ESWT are locked in the stall for 1 week and then let out to exercise. maybe i should have rented a horse stall for a week.

john h on 8/31/00 at 16:48 (026829)

martha i still have my healthtronics stock which i bought at around 10. it has been hovering around 14 for the past month but i really think it will go to 20 when the fda gives final approval to the ossatron. the company is a profitable company even without ossatron and would seem to me to be a good candidate to be bought out. it used to be only a few thousand shares were traded daily but now it is not uncommon to see 25,000 a day. there are about 11,000,000 shares outstanding and it is closely held.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 17:04 (026835)

Buy healthronic now if you are going to. !!!!

Martha B. on 8/31/00 at 17:43 (026836)

John H.-It is strange how you 'forget' things when the pain subsides but to the best of my memory my improvement peaked around 14 weeks. I was so fortunate that my progress was gradual and I never really had a setback. Don't get me wrong,there were days that I wondered if I had wasted my time and $$$.lol The ironic thing was that my fascia measured 1mm more on my right foot but the pain was MUCH worse in the left so that is the foot which was ossatroned. Thanks for the stock news-I bought in about 81/2 so you know how I felt about the ossatron-20 sounds wonderful. It's 107 degrees here in Texas today!! Wish I was in an igloo!!