Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur thru achilles tendon

Posted by Debra on 8/29/00 at 15:28 (026628)

I am currently being treated for a spur that appears to have grown thru achilles tendon..i started off with taking routine antiinflammatory drug and reciveing therapy 3 x's a week..pain only seemed to worsen..wondering if anyone can tell me a diagnosis name, and also any cooments from anyone who has had this same problem will be welcome. My dr sent me in for mri, called back next day and suggested surg as soon as possible..to allow an easier surg and avoid more reconstructive surgery down the way

Re: To Debra ---Heel spur thru achilles tendon

Pauline on 8/29/00 at 15:49 (026630)

As I understand it, if you want comments from people other than the
Drs you must post on one of the other boards as well. We can't respond here.

Re: Heel spur thru achilles tendon

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 16:48 (026638)

I like using ESWT fo this problem before the type of surgery you are talking about . This is a very difficult surgery for healing and getting relief. Is there a rupture in the achilles tendon. The term we use is calcification of the Achilles tendon. This is one of the surgery that I don't like because of the healing time and down time.

DEBRA on 8/29/00 at 17:36 (026645)

Dr Z..I have a partial rupture he says

Thank you very much for responding so quick

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 20:32 (026673)

If you have a partial rupture then surgery is needed with a repair of the Achilles tendon. You will be in a cast and non-weight bearing after the surgery for a period of about 10-12 weeks. Good luck it you work out.

Re: test

scott r on 9/02/00 at 13:33 (026966)

test

Re: To Debra ---Heel spur thru achilles tendon

Pauline on 8/29/00 at 15:49 (026630)

As I understand it, if you want comments from people other than the
Drs you must post on one of the other boards as well. We can't respond here.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 16:48 (026638)

I like using ESWT fo this problem before the type of surgery you are talking about . This is a very difficult surgery for healing and getting relief. Is there a rupture in the achilles tendon. The term we use is calcification of the Achilles tendon. This is one of the surgery that I don't like because of the healing time and down time.

DEBRA on 8/29/00 at 17:36 (026645)

Dr Z..I have a partial rupture he says

Thank you very much for responding so quick

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 20:32 (026673)

If you have a partial rupture then surgery is needed with a repair of the Achilles tendon. You will be in a cast and non-weight bearing after the surgery for a period of about 10-12 weeks. Good luck it you work out.

Re: test

scott r on 9/02/00 at 13:33 (026966)

test