Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt

Posted by bonny on 8/29/00 at 16:28 (026633)

Is it correct that ESWT has been FDA approved in the US,but any medical person wanting to use this therapy must be FDA approved seperately?

Re: eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 16:59 (026641)

It is my understanding that any doctor wanting to do ESWT must take training in the use of ESWT and have experience in the treatmetn of foot and ankle diseases. You can't sell the ossatron to any doctor,it has to be a doctor that fits the above. Healthronics will provide this training as required by the FDA. So your family doctor won't being doing this procedure. It will either be an orthopedic surgeon or podiatric surgeon. I would think that a physiatrist, a doctor specializing in the entire rehab of the human body should be able to use this modality.

Re: eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/00 at 16:59 (026641)

It is my understanding that any doctor wanting to do ESWT must take training in the use of ESWT and have experience in the treatmetn of foot and ankle diseases. You can't sell the ossatron to any doctor,it has to be a doctor that fits the above. Healthronics will provide this training as required by the FDA. So your family doctor won't being doing this procedure. It will either be an orthopedic surgeon or podiatric surgeon. I would think that a physiatrist, a doctor specializing in the entire rehab of the human body should be able to use this modality.