Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Looking for information and up date

Posted by Pauline on 8/30/00 at 19:14 (026775)

Had my return visit to the Dr. today and indeed my PF is clearing up.
He was very surprised my the improvement. We had a discussion about
ESWT and he mentioned something about one that is used to cover a larger area? Does anyone know anything about this? I will have to
follow up on this because they did do some of the testing at this site.

P.S. My ultrasound from a week ago showed bilateral hypoechoic thickening of the plantar fascia, unusually distal in location. The swelling appeared to be hypechoic. No other lesions. Today upon
examination he could not find any jello like stuff very little pain when he pushed in the usual spots. He twisted my foot and toes in
many directions it produced nothing. Said just keep doing what I
am doing. I guess that means back to St. Bonventure

Re: Looking for information and up date

Beverly on 8/30/00 at 20:14 (026781)

Pauline,

That visit with your doctor must have made your day! You have suffered for a long, long time.

I believe in the power of prayer, and so I am just trying to understand this right. Are you telling us that you felt awful/in daily pain until
you participated in the healing service?

If that is the case, you are very fortunate. God does not dole out miracles all the time. That's why they are called miracles. However, I also think God wants us to use common sense. So I hope you continue to take it easy.

I tend to see prayer and other mind/body tools as complementary treatments. I'm doing everything I can think of (that I feel is safe) within the realms of traditional Western medicine. Yet, I also rely on prayer to get me through the day.

I have posted this before, but I highly reccommend Herbert Benson's books. He is a cardiologist who has done much work in the mind/body field. His most recent book, called 'Timeless Healing' has some fascinating studies done on the power of prayer in physical healing - even when the patients didn't know they were being prayed for. As I recall, all the patients received regular medical care and then an additional group recieved prayer plus medical treatment. The prayer/medical treatment combo group had a faster/higher rate of recovery. I don't recall what condition was being studies... seems like it was either cardio or cancer.

Benson also has guided meditations that he has customized for different faith groups: Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Eastern/New Age

Keep us posted on your progress,
Beverly

Re: To Beverly-- Looking for information and up date

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 05:45 (026800)

Beverly,
I hate to say miracle because I think those are reserved for people far better than myself. I never wanted to go to that healing service, I put it off for several months. Delora keep bugging me
to go. She is the mother of my sons roommate from college. They have graduated since then, but over the years we became very good friends ourselves and our families. Delora has always been too religious for me. Most people would call her a religious nut.

She wouldn't leave me alone, so I gave in and went. Honestly, I hoped it would help but never thought it would although Father Solanus Casey has helped many. There is a lot of testimony to that fact so that is why he is on his way to sainthood in the Catholic Church.

All I know is what are your chances of meeting a Monk outside that church that grabs you and immediately begins to pray on you then
lowers himself and prays on your feet when everyone else is inside?

My feet are better, the jello substance(inflammation stuff is gone)
I will continue to be very careful for a long long time because I don't want to take a chance of it getting worse again. In fact I'm
scared to do much of anything or say anything for fear that things
will go back to the way they were.

Miracles for me, it can't be----I call it help because in my mind I think that is possible. Delora's been praying for me a lot, I think he just got tired of her bugging him too.

Re: Typo: above message is from Pauline to Beverly

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 12:32 (026819)

eom...

Re: Looking for information and up date

Beverly on 8/30/00 at 20:14 (026781)

Pauline,

That visit with your doctor must have made your day! You have suffered for a long, long time.

I believe in the power of prayer, and so I am just trying to understand this right. Are you telling us that you felt awful/in daily pain until
you participated in the healing service?

If that is the case, you are very fortunate. God does not dole out miracles all the time. That's why they are called miracles. However, I also think God wants us to use common sense. So I hope you continue to take it easy.

I tend to see prayer and other mind/body tools as complementary treatments. I'm doing everything I can think of (that I feel is safe) within the realms of traditional Western medicine. Yet, I also rely on prayer to get me through the day.

I have posted this before, but I highly reccommend Herbert Benson's books. He is a cardiologist who has done much work in the mind/body field. His most recent book, called 'Timeless Healing' has some fascinating studies done on the power of prayer in physical healing - even when the patients didn't know they were being prayed for. As I recall, all the patients received regular medical care and then an additional group recieved prayer plus medical treatment. The prayer/medical treatment combo group had a faster/higher rate of recovery. I don't recall what condition was being studies... seems like it was either cardio or cancer.

Benson also has guided meditations that he has customized for different faith groups: Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Eastern/New Age

Keep us posted on your progress,
Beverly

Re: To Beverly-- Looking for information and up date

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 05:45 (026800)

Beverly,
I hate to say miracle because I think those are reserved for people far better than myself. I never wanted to go to that healing service, I put it off for several months. Delora keep bugging me
to go. She is the mother of my sons roommate from college. They have graduated since then, but over the years we became very good friends ourselves and our families. Delora has always been too religious for me. Most people would call her a religious nut.

She wouldn't leave me alone, so I gave in and went. Honestly, I hoped it would help but never thought it would although Father Solanus Casey has helped many. There is a lot of testimony to that fact so that is why he is on his way to sainthood in the Catholic Church.

All I know is what are your chances of meeting a Monk outside that church that grabs you and immediately begins to pray on you then
lowers himself and prays on your feet when everyone else is inside?

My feet are better, the jello substance(inflammation stuff is gone)
I will continue to be very careful for a long long time because I don't want to take a chance of it getting worse again. In fact I'm
scared to do much of anything or say anything for fear that things
will go back to the way they were.

Miracles for me, it can't be----I call it help because in my mind I think that is possible. Delora's been praying for me a lot, I think he just got tired of her bugging him too.

Re: Typo: above message is from Pauline to Beverly

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 12:32 (026819)

eom...