Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Wendy; and to John H

Posted by Nancy S. on 8/30/00 at 22:49 (026786)

Wendy, are you feeling any better, whenever you read this? I'm really sorry about your setback and I've been thinking of you . . .

Now for my last, oh-so-important question of the night:
John, can you think of anything good and interesting to try plopping into a martini? Olives don't cut it for me, and I'm sick of trying to avoid swallowing the soggy piece of lemon peel I put in there. (Yes, this question is related to foot pain.)

Goodnight, Nancy

Re: A great martini for Nancy

Bob G. on 8/30/00 at 23:53 (026790)

Okay, there once was a gal named Nancy
Who loved her martinis quite fancy
Onions made her sore
She thought olives a bore
So she opted to read more Tom Clancy...

Nancy, I suggest a splash of vermouth in your martini. Enjoy. BG

JudyS on 8/31/00 at 00:48 (026795)

There once was a guy named Bob G,
who refused to stand still like a tree.
So he Socked and Stretched
and Splinted and Flexed
and now he can jog by the sea!

(guess I should've gone over to Nancy's for a martini.....)

Re: True, true. eom :)

Bob G. on 8/31/00 at 00:57 (026797)

Clever, Judy! I like the part about jogging by the sea! :)

Re: to Wendy; and to John H

wendyn on 8/31/00 at 07:08 (026802)

Unfortunately - not really so far.

My right foot is still very stiff and sore - somewhat hot and it just looks not quite right. I will call the acupuncturist today and see what I can do to book a massage.

I have to teach a class today, so today will be long. I think I'll be rolling back and forth across the room on a chair.

john h on 8/31/00 at 09:34 (026807)

try some large gourmet olives with something like nuts in them or small martini onions. also use beefeaters or perhaps absolute. of course, stir do not shake and serve it in style in a martini glass even if you are alone.

Terry on 8/31/00 at 11:37 (026814)

Bob - Thanks for the Foot Flex info. Judy S, That was a great limerick! Here's another for Bob.

There once was a man named Bob,
The girls gathered 'round like a mob.
He loved ocean-front runs,
Composing witty puns,
And now PF awareness is his job.

Why do I love these stupid limericks??? Terry

Re: the vice question

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 11:43 (026815)

Ok Bob and Judy, now did you really have to put my name along with 'martini' up in lights there? What a faux pas! Next time call it 'A Great Painkiller for Nancy,' ok?

Bob, I thought a martini already consists of vermouth and vodka.
John, I hate olives! But perhaps I will try a nut or a martini onion (never heard of that). Or a strawberry, or a gel heel cushion.

Ok, thanks I think.

JudyS on 8/31/00 at 11:50 (026816)

Sorry Nancy - it's Bob's fault.....I was just a follower! How's things today?

Re: to Wendy

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 11:51 (026817)

Sorry to hear that, Wendy. So this is mostly the TTS? Can you get a nerve block shot, which I read about here but don't know anything about? Or does this not apply to your situation? I'm not much more mobile than you at this point -- wish you could come over and we'd finally build the 'Statue of Limitations,' from rolling chairs. Today was my last official antiquing barn day, and I am sitting here determined to get more fun in my life, whether I'm on my feet or not.
Nancy

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 14:59 (026824)

Hi Judy, I know it's Bob's fault. Will he think of a way to atone?
Today it's hot and humid here and my feet are all swollen and painful and I had the last barn day -- and I'm surviving. I think things can get better.
It has been rather a setback week around here, hasn't it? Except for Pauline. I hope next week is a better one for everyone.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 19:31 (026842)

I hate olives but I recently had Italian olives. Go to the Italian foot ( I mean food) market and get them. No problem drinking And eating three or more Martini's

Re: Back to nancy

wendyn on 8/31/00 at 19:44 (026844)

Greetings - I'm really sorry to hear that you're turning in the antiques. I hope that things can improve enough that you can get back to what you love. I will post more in a new thread.

john h on 8/31/00 at 19:48 (026847)

3 martini's and my feet would not hurt (much).

Re: If I could drink, I'd have a beer.

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 21:09 (026852)

I have not had a drink in almost ten years, and so I'm jealous hearing you all talk. In my many, many food allergies, booze is on the list.
All of it either breaks down quickly into sugar or is made with yeast.
Either way, is bad news for me.
But if I could have a drink, it would be a German beer.
Beverly

Bob G. on 8/31/00 at 22:26 (026858)

Thank you, Terry! Cool.

john h on 9/01/00 at 10:15 (026879)

things you should not have an alergy to: booze,ladies,money,flying. actually my tolerance for booze is not once what it was. as a young fighter pilot 3 martini's and i would be ready to rumble. 3 martini's now and i would be down for the count. i now like to stay in touch with my senses.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/01/00 at 14:11 (026890)

I would need three martini's to get in the backseat of a fighter jet.
I would need four martini's to be in the back seat on a jet taking off the deck or landing on an aircraft carrier. If I knew that someone would be firing at me. I would have to put to sleep and wake up after the firing, hopefully I wouldn't dead or on the ground with a
a broken body. I never was able to have no fear. I alway though about some kind of back up . That's the only way I can handle fear. If I am doing surgery I need three instruments all of the same just in case one breaks or fall on the floor. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a jet hit and having to look for a place to jump or land if you are alive to think about that possiblity. Did you ever get to visit I think its called SAM CITY. The free firing ground to air missiles that our government allowed to exist so our jet pilot had some one shooting at that every time the went to visit the North

john h on 9/01/00 at 15:55 (026908)

tell your what. i would fly another 200 missions over vietnam if it would get rid of pf. that is how strongly i feel about this disorder.

Dr. Zuckeman on 9/01/00 at 23:15 (026935)

YOu just made it very clear how pf is hurting you . I will work on soloving your problem as long as I am alive. !!!!

Bob G. on 8/30/00 at 23:53 (026790)

Okay, there once was a gal named Nancy
Who loved her martinis quite fancy
Onions made her sore
She thought olives a bore
So she opted to read more Tom Clancy...

Nancy, I suggest a splash of vermouth in your martini. Enjoy. BG

JudyS on 8/31/00 at 00:48 (026795)

There once was a guy named Bob G,
who refused to stand still like a tree.
So he Socked and Stretched
and Splinted and Flexed
and now he can jog by the sea!

(guess I should've gone over to Nancy's for a martini.....)

Re: True, true. eom :)

Bob G. on 8/31/00 at 00:57 (026797)

Clever, Judy! I like the part about jogging by the sea! :)

wendyn on 8/31/00 at 07:08 (026802)

Unfortunately - not really so far.

My right foot is still very stiff and sore - somewhat hot and it just looks not quite right. I will call the acupuncturist today and see what I can do to book a massage.

I have to teach a class today, so today will be long. I think I'll be rolling back and forth across the room on a chair.

john h on 8/31/00 at 09:34 (026807)

try some large gourmet olives with something like nuts in them or small martini onions. also use beefeaters or perhaps absolute. of course, stir do not shake and serve it in style in a martini glass even if you are alone.

Terry on 8/31/00 at 11:37 (026814)

Bob - Thanks for the Foot Flex info. Judy S, That was a great limerick! Here's another for Bob.

There once was a man named Bob,
The girls gathered 'round like a mob.
He loved ocean-front runs,
Composing witty puns,
And now PF awareness is his job.

Why do I love these stupid limericks??? Terry

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 11:43 (026815)

Ok Bob and Judy, now did you really have to put my name along with 'martini' up in lights there? What a faux pas! Next time call it 'A Great Painkiller for Nancy,' ok?

Bob, I thought a martini already consists of vermouth and vodka.
John, I hate olives! But perhaps I will try a nut or a martini onion (never heard of that). Or a strawberry, or a gel heel cushion.

Ok, thanks I think.

JudyS on 8/31/00 at 11:50 (026816)

Sorry Nancy - it's Bob's fault.....I was just a follower! How's things today?

Re: to Wendy

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 11:51 (026817)

Sorry to hear that, Wendy. So this is mostly the TTS? Can you get a nerve block shot, which I read about here but don't know anything about? Or does this not apply to your situation? I'm not much more mobile than you at this point -- wish you could come over and we'd finally build the 'Statue of Limitations,' from rolling chairs. Today was my last official antiquing barn day, and I am sitting here determined to get more fun in my life, whether I'm on my feet or not.
Nancy

Nancy S. on 8/31/00 at 14:59 (026824)

Hi Judy, I know it's Bob's fault. Will he think of a way to atone?
Today it's hot and humid here and my feet are all swollen and painful and I had the last barn day -- and I'm surviving. I think things can get better.
It has been rather a setback week around here, hasn't it? Except for Pauline. I hope next week is a better one for everyone.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 19:31 (026842)

I hate olives but I recently had Italian olives. Go to the Italian foot ( I mean food) market and get them. No problem drinking And eating three or more Martini's

Re: Back to nancy

wendyn on 8/31/00 at 19:44 (026844)

Greetings - I'm really sorry to hear that you're turning in the antiques. I hope that things can improve enough that you can get back to what you love. I will post more in a new thread.

john h on 8/31/00 at 19:48 (026847)

3 martini's and my feet would not hurt (much).

Beverly on 8/31/00 at 21:09 (026852)

I have not had a drink in almost ten years, and so I'm jealous hearing you all talk. In my many, many food allergies, booze is on the list.
All of it either breaks down quickly into sugar or is made with yeast.
Either way, is bad news for me.
But if I could have a drink, it would be a German beer.
Beverly

Bob G. on 8/31/00 at 22:26 (026858)

Thank you, Terry! Cool.

john h on 9/01/00 at 10:15 (026879)

things you should not have an alergy to: booze,ladies,money,flying. actually my tolerance for booze is not once what it was. as a young fighter pilot 3 martini's and i would be ready to rumble. 3 martini's now and i would be down for the count. i now like to stay in touch with my senses.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/01/00 at 14:11 (026890)

I would need three martini's to get in the backseat of a fighter jet.
I would need four martini's to be in the back seat on a jet taking off the deck or landing on an aircraft carrier. If I knew that someone would be firing at me. I would have to put to sleep and wake up after the firing, hopefully I wouldn't dead or on the ground with a
a broken body. I never was able to have no fear. I alway though about some kind of back up . That's the only way I can handle fear. If I am doing surgery I need three instruments all of the same just in case one breaks or fall on the floor. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a jet hit and having to look for a place to jump or land if you are alive to think about that possiblity. Did you ever get to visit I think its called SAM CITY. The free firing ground to air missiles that our government allowed to exist so our jet pilot had some one shooting at that every time the went to visit the North

john h on 9/01/00 at 15:55 (026908)

tell your what. i would fly another 200 missions over vietnam if it would get rid of pf. that is how strongly i feel about this disorder.

Dr. Zuckeman on 9/01/00 at 23:15 (026935)

YOu just made it very clear how pf is hurting you . I will work on soloving your problem as long as I am alive. !!!!