Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What happen to all the posting?

Posted by Pauline on 8/31/00 at 21:15 (026853)

Is it just me or do you think there has been less posting on the
site since the separation of the boards. It just doesn't seem as easy going anymore. What's up

Re: What happen to all the posting?

Nancy M on 8/31/00 at 21:23 (026854)

Pauline, I was thinking the same thing - looks like a lot less posting. I wanted to respond to one of the questions on the 'Ask the Doctors' board, but thought I might get yelled at. You just don't know if you answer a question from one board on another board if it will even get seen.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 22:20 (026856)

The board is very well organized. The feelings are different. I like to hear from everyone and jump around. I believe the goal is to increase readership. You must have growth of readership in order for this board to expand and grow. Sometimes I feel like this is really easy and sometimes I feel like what the @##$ is going on with . Time will determine the way this board is designed. I am sure that Scott is monitering the hits per message board and the total pages view. I think that is the way the sucess of this change will be monitered.

Beverly on 9/01/00 at 12:20 (026884)

I think we have as much posting as ever. With different sections it may seem like less, but I bet if someone added them up and compared the two versions, you will find that there is as much posting as ever. I would not be surprised if there is more posting happening now.

Beverly

Nancy S. on 9/01/00 at 14:15 (026892)

I counted posts for three days of this week and then the same three days of the week two weeks ago. The average for the three days total was about the same.
Nancy

Re: Twice as many posts

Scott R on 9/01/00 at 18:29 (026918)

Dr. Z is very accurate in his ponderings about what I'm thinking in regards to the number of posts to the new board. So far, there are twice as many posts being made. It appears we may have lost a frequent poster or two, but we have a higher rate of new names. But it's not just new posts I'm looking at. Absence of redundancy would be good, but it's unmeasureable. The number of responses to each thread is also VERY important. The value of a board is measured by the number of posts AND the number of helpful responses to a post. Many intelligent, efficient ('Just Give the Facts') responses is the hallmark of a great message board. Many people can make posts that makes them feel good. My selfish objective is to encourage posts that make the readers feel good.

Nancy S. on 9/01/00 at 21:05 (026926)

Wow. I must have counted on weird days or something. Actually I thought the same number of posts before and after was good. Twice as many is quite something.
It does amaze me that on every other board I've seen, on a variety of subjects, the threads are so bare and the posts so spare. Efficient, concise posts are great, but this is the only board(s) I have ever found where the posts also have some meat, and often soul, to them.
Nancy

Re: NOT Twice as many posts

Scott R on 9/02/00 at 13:58 (026968)

I just checked again. It's only about 25% more posts, and it may settle back down to normal levels.

Nancy M on 8/31/00 at 21:23 (026854)

Pauline, I was thinking the same thing - looks like a lot less posting. I wanted to respond to one of the questions on the 'Ask the Doctors' board, but thought I might get yelled at. You just don't know if you answer a question from one board on another board if it will even get seen.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/31/00 at 22:20 (026856)

The board is very well organized. The feelings are different. I like to hear from everyone and jump around. I believe the goal is to increase readership. You must have growth of readership in order for this board to expand and grow. Sometimes I feel like this is really easy and sometimes I feel like what the @##$ is going on with . Time will determine the way this board is designed. I am sure that Scott is monitering the hits per message board and the total pages view. I think that is the way the sucess of this change will be monitered.

Beverly on 9/01/00 at 12:20 (026884)

I think we have as much posting as ever. With different sections it may seem like less, but I bet if someone added them up and compared the two versions, you will find that there is as much posting as ever. I would not be surprised if there is more posting happening now.

Beverly

Nancy S. on 9/01/00 at 14:15 (026892)

I counted posts for three days of this week and then the same three days of the week two weeks ago. The average for the three days total was about the same.
Nancy

Scott R on 9/01/00 at 18:29 (026918)

Dr. Z is very accurate in his ponderings about what I'm thinking in regards to the number of posts to the new board. So far, there are twice as many posts being made. It appears we may have lost a frequent poster or two, but we have a higher rate of new names. But it's not just new posts I'm looking at. Absence of redundancy would be good, but it's unmeasureable. The number of responses to each thread is also VERY important. The value of a board is measured by the number of posts AND the number of helpful responses to a post. Many intelligent, efficient ('Just Give the Facts') responses is the hallmark of a great message board. Many people can make posts that makes them feel good. My selfish objective is to encourage posts that make the readers feel good.

Nancy S. on 9/01/00 at 21:05 (026926)

Wow. I must have counted on weird days or something. Actually I thought the same number of posts before and after was good. Twice as many is quite something.
It does amaze me that on every other board I've seen, on a variety of subjects, the threads are so bare and the posts so spare. Efficient, concise posts are great, but this is the only board(s) I have ever found where the posts also have some meat, and often soul, to them.
Nancy

Re: NOT Twice as many posts

Scott R on 9/02/00 at 13:58 (026968)

I just checked again. It's only about 25% more posts, and it may settle back down to normal levels.