Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night splints

Posted by Avery on 9/02/00 at 11:22 (026956)

I have been using the strausberg sock. It works fairly well and is comfotable. I would like to find a night splint that allows for a pretty extreme amount of stretching and allows you to bend yours toes back in order to give the windlass mechanism a good stretch as well.
Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Night splints

Bob G. on 9/02/00 at 12:02 (026959)

Hello Avery,

Alan once suggested, and I tried and liked it, that you combine the S/Sock and NightSplint together. Also, I add my Arch Support insert into the NightSplint for added comfort. This has worked well for me, now pain-free. Good luck, and keep us posted on your experience! BG

alan k on 9/02/00 at 12:31 (026961)

Also you can position a sock or rag in your nightsplint to serve as an arch support.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Barbara S. on 9/02/00 at 20:35 (026995)

The Alimed night splint II comes with a 'dorsiwedge' - a wedge-shaped piece of foam that you stick under your toes. A nifty idea of you've got an extra sixty bucks. I roll a small sock up under my toes... el cheapo. B.

Bob G. on 9/03/00 at 01:30 (027008)

That works! BG :)

salina on 9/03/00 at 13:27 (027045)

Where did you get this nightsplint with the dorsiwedge foam?

Nancy S. on 9/03/00 at 22:28 (027092)

Salina, I have that kind of night splint. It's made by Johnson & Johnson, and it's VERY comfortable -- surrounded by cushiony material and attaches with velcro straps (and the straps are soft and cushiony also). You can use or not use the wedge -- I always have.
I got it through my ex-pod., the only good thing that happened there! Maybe you can order it online, I don't know, or get at (or order through) a medical supply store.
I highly recommend it. There are no buckles or anything else metallic to clunk into my other sore foot.
Nancy

Re: Where to get the night splint w. dorsiwedge

Barbara S. on 9/04/00 at 10:48 (027136)

A site called NEOFORMA has this Alimed nightsplint, and I believe that it also has the Johnson & Johnson one that Nancy speaks of. Here's a link:

http://www.neoforma.com/prod/ndNSAPI.nd/Products/pgProductDetailsMain?prodNo=121541783&mfrno=644

This should be a picture of the Alimed Splint. Although the dorsiwedge is not pictured, it is available in the options below. You must first register at this site to buy anything but private parties can purchase this merchandise. They quoted me around 65 bucks for the splint when I checked last - and my POD sold me an identical one for 200 bucks!

Bob G. on 9/02/00 at 12:02 (026959)

Hello Avery,

Alan once suggested, and I tried and liked it, that you combine the S/Sock and NightSplint together. Also, I add my Arch Support insert into the NightSplint for added comfort. This has worked well for me, now pain-free. Good luck, and keep us posted on your experience! BG

alan k on 9/02/00 at 12:31 (026961)

Also you can position a sock or rag in your nightsplint to serve as an arch support.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Barbara S. on 9/02/00 at 20:35 (026995)

The Alimed night splint II comes with a 'dorsiwedge' - a wedge-shaped piece of foam that you stick under your toes. A nifty idea of you've got an extra sixty bucks. I roll a small sock up under my toes... el cheapo. B.

Bob G. on 9/03/00 at 01:30 (027008)

That works! BG :)

salina on 9/03/00 at 13:27 (027045)

Where did you get this nightsplint with the dorsiwedge foam?

Nancy S. on 9/03/00 at 22:28 (027092)

Salina, I have that kind of night splint. It's made by Johnson & Johnson, and it's VERY comfortable -- surrounded by cushiony material and attaches with velcro straps (and the straps are soft and cushiony also). You can use or not use the wedge -- I always have.
I got it through my ex-pod., the only good thing that happened there! Maybe you can order it online, I don't know, or get at (or order through) a medical supply store.
I highly recommend it. There are no buckles or anything else metallic to clunk into my other sore foot.
Nancy

Re: Where to get the night splint w. dorsiwedge

Barbara S. on 9/04/00 at 10:48 (027136)

A site called NEOFORMA has this Alimed nightsplint, and I believe that it also has the Johnson & Johnson one that Nancy speaks of. Here's a link:

http://www.neoforma.com/prod/ndNSAPI.nd/Products/pgProductDetailsMain?prodNo=121541783&mfrno=644

This should be a picture of the Alimed Splint. Although the dorsiwedge is not pictured, it is available in the options below. You must first register at this site to buy anything but private parties can purchase this merchandise. They quoted me around 65 bucks for the splint when I checked last - and my POD sold me an identical one for 200 bucks!