Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Am I a candidate for ESWT?

Posted by Debbie Rosenberg on 9/02/00 at 13:05 (026964)

Hi, I am wondering if ESWT could be the treatment I have been waiting for. A doctor suggested I try it. But, reading about the kinds of cases it treats, I am not sure if it would be right for me. I do not have heel spurs. I injured my foot about a year and a half ago. I fractured the base of the fifth metatarsal. That healed quickly, and no one has been able to figure out why I have had so much pain ever since. I have tried everything it seems and seen about 10 different doctors. My pain is on the right side of my right foot. Most of it is on the side of and below the 5th metatarsal area. I also have pain on the top right and along the side and bottom of the right side of the foot. Some have suggested possible problems related to the peroneus tendon, joints, or scar tissue. Could this be a case for ESWT? Is there anywhere I can read about cases other than heel spurs and plantar fascia? Thanks for your help!!!

Kind Regards and Many Thanks,
Debbie

Re: Am I a candidate for ESWT?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/02/00 at 18:09 (026980)

I have done insertional tendonitis of the peroneal brevis tendon. I would need to see an MRI to rule out any other problems before doing ESWT of an area that was injured. . If you need any additional information please let me know. One of the cases that is posted on the ESWT progress board was for your exact conditon.

Re: Am I a candidate for ESWT?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/02/00 at 18:09 (026980)

I have done insertional tendonitis of the peroneal brevis tendon. I would need to see an MRI to rule out any other problems before doing ESWT of an area that was injured. . If you need any additional information please let me know. One of the cases that is posted on the ESWT progress board was for your exact conditon.