Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interested in epf post-surgery results?

Posted by T. Hurst on 9/03/00 at 17:31 (027072)

This message board doesn't get much action, so here goes. Before surgery, I searched desparately for posts of people who had epf surgery and gave their results, with little luck. I am about 6 weeks post-op epf both feet. I have made an effort to track my progress on the 'heel surgery patients database', if anyone is interested. Glad to answer any questions, by post or email.

Re: Interested in epf post-surgery results?

D Geibel on 9/06/00 at 20:02 (027420)

I had medial plantar fascia release, and spur removal. I am 20 days post op and not walking yet. I get around on crutches and at times that is to much. Good luck.m How is it at 6 weeks?

T. Hurst on 9/07/00 at 22:54 (027535)

I did not have a spur removal, so I'm not sure that our cases are comparable. But at 6 weeks I am doing great...my everyday walking is nearly pain-free and unlimited. Most of this progress came after the 4 week mark & I am amazed at how quickly my healing is progressing now. At 20 days post-op it is still early for you and the spur removal may mean a longer recovery (a good question to pose to the doctor message board). I would tell you to ask your own doctor, but from my own experience, they tend to be too optimistic (mine continually asks me if I'm running yet!). You can check out my surgery updates on the heel surgery patients database to get a feel for my progress at different points. But I will caution you (before others do) not to compare your recovery too much, as everyone heals differently based on age, physical condition, type of surgery, etc.

D Geibel on 9/06/00 at 20:02 (027420)

I had medial plantar fascia release, and spur removal. I am 20 days post op and not walking yet. I get around on crutches and at times that is to much. Good luck.m How is it at 6 weeks?

T. Hurst on 9/07/00 at 22:54 (027535)

I did not have a spur removal, so I'm not sure that our cases are comparable. But at 6 weeks I am doing great...my everyday walking is nearly pain-free and unlimited. Most of this progress came after the 4 week mark & I am amazed at how quickly my healing is progressing now. At 20 days post-op it is still early for you and the spur removal may mean a longer recovery (a good question to pose to the doctor message board). I would tell you to ask your own doctor, but from my own experience, they tend to be too optimistic (mine continually asks me if I'm running yet!). You can check out my surgery updates on the heel surgery patients database to get a feel for my progress at different points. But I will caution you (before others do) not to compare your recovery too much, as everyone heals differently based on age, physical condition, type of surgery, etc.