Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

simple, obvious, but I'd missed it

Posted by Nancy S. on 9/04/00 at 14:25 (027167)

Went to a social gathering at a friend's yesterday, with about 12 people.
First of all, it was nice not to feel alone: two other people there have foot problems (metatarsal). Plus, I haven't talked for 5 hours straight since Judy and her husband were here in June -- felt great!
Second, at one point I was sitting with my legs crossed, and a nurse across the room whispered to her neighbor, 'Nancy should NOT have her legs crossed, with her problems. Cuts back on circulation.' Her un-shy neighbor yelled over to me, 'Nancy! Stop crossing your legs!!!' and told me why.
Probably everyone else on the board already knows this, but I didn't know. I do it all the time. Just in case, I'm passing it along.
Nancy

Re: simple, obvious, but I'd missed it

JudyS on 9/04/00 at 21:31 (027189)

Funny isn't it - how we can get somewhat isolated because PF limits our movements.......then we go do something social and start to feel like a real human again! That's a good thing.
Good point too, about the leg crossing. And we've known that forever! Remember all those 'varicose veins' warnings?

Re: simple, obvious, but I'd missed it

JudyS on 9/04/00 at 21:31 (027189)

Funny isn't it - how we can get somewhat isolated because PF limits our movements.......then we go do something social and start to feel like a real human again! That's a good thing.
Good point too, about the leg crossing. And we've known that forever! Remember all those 'varicose veins' warnings?