Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Should I ask for an Xray?

Posted by Joopie on 9/04/00 at 20:33 (027183)

Sorry to keep bothering everyone, but I have a question. I am in a hard cast right now. Even with it on, I am getting lots of pain in my foot in the area on top of my foot that leads to my two baby toes. It hurts to walk, and it hurts to adjust my foot in the cast. Even at night, I am awakened by sharp jolt of pain there, probably when I turn over or something. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I keep thinking stress fracture but don't know if that's right. I get the cast off on Sept. 14. Thanks.

Re: I forgot to mention...

Joopie on 9/04/00 at 20:36 (027184)

I also have a wierd sensation in my baby toe - like it's being pulled up alot. Can't bend my toes much. Thanks again.

Re: Should I ask for an Xray?

Dr. Biehler on 9/04/00 at 20:44 (027185)

Is this your left foot, the one thats been giving you all the problems? EPF can effect the lateral arch of the foot and this might be what is causing your problems. Sometimes an adjustment and a cuboid pad can help. You doctor might be wanting to take a serial x-ray. Dr. Biehler

Re: I forgot to mention...

Joopie on 9/04/00 at 20:36 (027184)

I also have a wierd sensation in my baby toe - like it's being pulled up alot. Can't bend my toes much. Thanks again.

Re: Should I ask for an Xray?

Dr. Biehler on 9/04/00 at 20:44 (027185)

Is this your left foot, the one thats been giving you all the problems? EPF can effect the lateral arch of the foot and this might be what is causing your problems. Sometimes an adjustment and a cuboid pad can help. You doctor might be wanting to take a serial x-ray. Dr. Biehler