Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How lucky can you get----Thanks Salina

Posted by Pauline on 9/04/00 at 21:39 (027192)

Thanks to Salina's web site find, I will be getting a private session with Michael Young, Nationally certified therapist from Colorado. I wrote to him for a referral here in Mich and he said he was teaching a workshop in 2 weeks and would be glad to see me and teach me and my husband things we can do to treat and prevent PF.

I tell you, the more I talk to people the more help and information
I get. I've had my letter to the FDA read at the meeting for OssaTron, and have had other letters published in local papers and now a session with Michael Young.

I will update you on what I learn. He claims his treatment help
many so we will see just what he is talking about. I know Salina
said they looked painful but what else is new. Everything about
PF is painful. I promise if I learn great secrets to the fast cure
all of you will get the information as fast as I can type. A charge
NEVER just another random act of kindness. Wish me luck.

Re: How lucky can you get----Thanks Salina

JudyS on 9/04/00 at 21:46 (027193)

Hi Pauline - where in Mich. will he be?

I read his piece on the web as did many of us. I tend to agree with him to some degree (like everyone else). In fact, I was having tremendous success with my PT's deep massage and limited strengthening, but the second he moved me to more intense strengthening/stretching and less massage everything started hurting again. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can convince him that we need to go back to square one for a while.

Re: Can't wait!

Barbara S. on 9/04/00 at 22:41 (027200)

Your research is generous and we'll all be waiting for your good advice. I am particularly interested in myofascial release for PF. Does the painful treatment you describe fall under that category? B.

salina on 9/05/00 at 00:24 (027203)

That's great, Pauline.
It shouldn't be painful. Your feet just might feel a little sore or something until you get used to it. Please keep us posted on how it goes for you, ok? good luck.

Re: my recent posts on this

alan k on 9/05/00 at 08:02 (027222)

That's great news that Pauline is getting treatment for the muscles of the feet.

I just wanted to note that I am very favorably disposed toward the treatment described on that website (though of course I don't know anything about that particular individual) and I was not trying to knock the 'muscle release therapy,' as he calls it, described on his website. I think that muscle massage, myofascia release, and muscle lengthening are very beneficial. After a long time on this board, I have noticed that people who try it report benefits at a rate equal to anything else (an impression, not actual calculation).

Congratulations to Pauline and anyone else getting started on muscle release. If it doesn't help, try someone else.

thanks,

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Bob Ray on 9/05/00 at 15:05 (027272)

Does any one know of a therapist or massuesse that does this sort of thing in the San Diego area? Their name and how to contact them would be helpful.

JudyS on 9/05/00 at 21:11 (027340)

A Chiropractor in Rancho Bernardo, Dr. Judevine, does the 'ART' (deep tissue massage). I'm also having it done by my Physical Therapist.

JudyS on 9/04/00 at 21:46 (027193)

Hi Pauline - where in Mich. will he be?

I read his piece on the web as did many of us. I tend to agree with him to some degree (like everyone else). In fact, I was having tremendous success with my PT's deep massage and limited strengthening, but the second he moved me to more intense strengthening/stretching and less massage everything started hurting again. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can convince him that we need to go back to square one for a while.

Re: Can't wait!

Barbara S. on 9/04/00 at 22:41 (027200)

Your research is generous and we'll all be waiting for your good advice. I am particularly interested in myofascial release for PF. Does the painful treatment you describe fall under that category? B.

salina on 9/05/00 at 00:24 (027203)

That's great, Pauline.
It shouldn't be painful. Your feet just might feel a little sore or something until you get used to it. Please keep us posted on how it goes for you, ok? good luck.

alan k on 9/05/00 at 08:02 (027222)

That's great news that Pauline is getting treatment for the muscles of the feet.

I just wanted to note that I am very favorably disposed toward the treatment described on that website (though of course I don't know anything about that particular individual) and I was not trying to knock the 'muscle release therapy,' as he calls it, described on his website. I think that muscle massage, myofascia release, and muscle lengthening are very beneficial. After a long time on this board, I have noticed that people who try it report benefits at a rate equal to anything else (an impression, not actual calculation).

Congratulations to Pauline and anyone else getting started on muscle release. If it doesn't help, try someone else.

thanks,

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Bob Ray on 9/05/00 at 15:05 (027272)

Does any one know of a therapist or massuesse that does this sort of thing in the San Diego area? Their name and how to contact them would be helpful.

JudyS on 9/05/00 at 21:11 (027340)

A Chiropractor in Rancho Bernardo, Dr. Judevine, does the 'ART' (deep tissue massage). I'm also having it done by my Physical Therapist.