Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wrong move creates new problem and lots of pain---

Posted by Pauline on 9/05/00 at 09:01 (027226)

Life seem to be like swells in the ocean. Yesterday my feet were still great and with one only one small move I was able to destroy
everything I had accomplished. Somehow late last night I twisted
my foot wrong causing extreme pain at the inside on my left foot
near the heel.

Today I can't put any weight on it at all. Sore to the touch and equally sore with any pressure on it. Iced and wrapped in ace bandage. I think I might have severely pulled the healing fascia
again or ligaments and tendons in that area. Wish I could walk on
my hands.

Here I am trying to stay away from doctors and for sure any type of cast and look what happens. Oh to be rich with servents to wait on
me while I keep my feet up and safe.

Game plan---Wait 24 hours with icing every hr and see what it feels like tomarrow. May need another office visit---sometimes just wished
they had a foot exchange program. I'd thrown mine out years ago.
Need some good prayers guys.

Re: Wrong move creates new problem and lots of pain---

Barbara S. on 9/05/00 at 10:27 (027239)

I understand so well... I think that the hardest thing about this disorder to deal with are the continual setbacks on the road to recovery. You can do such a tiny thing to bring the whole thing back. I like to think of myself as an especially strong person, but with PF I feel like I need to treat my feet like they are made of spun glass. I hate that, because I know that the body heals itself in marvelous ways over time. You have my prayers today. This flare-up won't put you back at ground zero if you've been doing some stretching and strengthening. That work stays with you. During a flare-time I find that deeply and slowing massaging my calf really improves my circulation and that's always a good thing. Constrast soaks also helped me, although here in TX, I just ice and stick my foot out the door... its 111 today. Bless you, B.

Beverly on 9/05/00 at 16:17 (027281)

Pauline,

How frustrating. Perhaps it won't be as big a setback as you think.
If it were me, I'd call the doctor. You may have sprained your ankle.
Beverly

Nancy S. on 9/06/00 at 05:14 (027356)

So how are you today, Pauline? Maybe you're not up yet . . . wish I weren't!
Your plan for yesterday sounded sensible. I've had a number of setbacks of PF in the last 16 months -- one in particular due to a wrong move something like yours -- and I always feared I'd be back to square one from them. But I wasn't, and hopefully (and likely) you won't be either.
If you have swelling or your pain continues, though, I'd take myself to the dr. if I were you. I hope you're better today.
Nancy

Linda on 9/06/00 at 06:00 (027359)

I am looking for some information on the plantars fascia on the ligament. Does stair walking hurt. I have developed a knot on the ligament and am trying ot figure out how to not make it worse. I have exercised by stair walking for four years. thanks.

Barbara S. on 9/05/00 at 10:27 (027239)

I understand so well... I think that the hardest thing about this disorder to deal with are the continual setbacks on the road to recovery. You can do such a tiny thing to bring the whole thing back. I like to think of myself as an especially strong person, but with PF I feel like I need to treat my feet like they are made of spun glass. I hate that, because I know that the body heals itself in marvelous ways over time. You have my prayers today. This flare-up won't put you back at ground zero if you've been doing some stretching and strengthening. That work stays with you. During a flare-time I find that deeply and slowing massaging my calf really improves my circulation and that's always a good thing. Constrast soaks also helped me, although here in TX, I just ice and stick my foot out the door... its 111 today. Bless you, B.

Beverly on 9/05/00 at 16:17 (027281)

Pauline,

How frustrating. Perhaps it won't be as big a setback as you think.
If it were me, I'd call the doctor. You may have sprained your ankle.
Beverly

Nancy S. on 9/06/00 at 05:14 (027356)

So how are you today, Pauline? Maybe you're not up yet . . . wish I weren't!
Your plan for yesterday sounded sensible. I've had a number of setbacks of PF in the last 16 months -- one in particular due to a wrong move something like yours -- and I always feared I'd be back to square one from them. But I wasn't, and hopefully (and likely) you won't be either.
If you have swelling or your pain continues, though, I'd take myself to the dr. if I were you. I hope you're better today.
Nancy

Linda on 9/06/00 at 06:00 (027359)

I am looking for some information on the plantars fascia on the ligament. Does stair walking hurt. I have developed a knot on the ligament and am trying ot figure out how to not make it worse. I have exercised by stair walking for four years. thanks.