Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts

Posted by john h on 9/05/00 at 11:54 (027249)

supprised there are no messages on this board. i had a tts release in aug 99. anyone having any question on how it felt,etc give me a buzz. (email removed)

Re: tts

Bob Ray on 9/05/00 at 14:43 (027270)

What a coincidence. I had mine in August 1999. My doctor said it was a success. I am happy for him. But it didn't help my foot. My money is on the orbasone treatment.

john h on 9/05/00 at 19:18 (027328)

bob: my foot is no better or worse as a result of the tts release. the doc did say there was a large vericose vein touching a nerve but he did not know if that was causing a problem or not.

Re: tts-vericose veins

Bob Ray on 9/08/00 at 17:26 (027601)

The current surgical solution is to wrap the nerve with your own transplanted fat to protect it from vericose veins, scar tissue etc.

john h on 9/13/00 at 10:04 (028083)

bob: you would have to know where along the nerve to wrap it in fat which may not be easy to find. my tts scar is about 5' long. another problem it would seem to me is that you are of course laying down during surgery and your veins are not as swollen as when standing and may not be touching a nerve in that position. i discussed the same type of problem with a neurosurgeon concerning mri's on the back. you are laying down when the mri is taken and the disc are not loaded down as when standing. he very much agreed that is a problem in diagnosing back problems. a dynamic mri is needed for many types of problems.

Bob Ray on 9/13/00 at 17:01 (028129)

A 5 inch scar is longer than the 3 inch that Dr Kohno reported in his surgeries. There is a procedure for palpating the skin to determine where the nerve is intraped. It requires a machine that can messure pressure against the skin.

Bob Ray on 9/15/00 at 16:19 (028309)

Hi John;
Ask the Doctor that developed this technique. He replied to my emails in excellent English. (email removed)
Good luck,
Bob

Jeff D on 10/26/00 at 08:39 (031320)

What is orbasone treatment?

Bob Ray on 9/05/00 at 14:43 (027270)

What a coincidence. I had mine in August 1999. My doctor said it was a success. I am happy for him. But it didn't help my foot. My money is on the orbasone treatment.

john h on 9/05/00 at 19:18 (027328)

bob: my foot is no better or worse as a result of the tts release. the doc did say there was a large vericose vein touching a nerve but he did not know if that was causing a problem or not.

Bob Ray on 9/08/00 at 17:26 (027601)

The current surgical solution is to wrap the nerve with your own transplanted fat to protect it from vericose veins, scar tissue etc.

john h on 9/13/00 at 10:04 (028083)

bob: you would have to know where along the nerve to wrap it in fat which may not be easy to find. my tts scar is about 5' long. another problem it would seem to me is that you are of course laying down during surgery and your veins are not as swollen as when standing and may not be touching a nerve in that position. i discussed the same type of problem with a neurosurgeon concerning mri's on the back. you are laying down when the mri is taken and the disc are not loaded down as when standing. he very much agreed that is a problem in diagnosing back problems. a dynamic mri is needed for many types of problems.

Bob Ray on 9/13/00 at 17:01 (028129)

A 5 inch scar is longer than the 3 inch that Dr Kohno reported in his surgeries. There is a procedure for palpating the skin to determine where the nerve is intraped. It requires a machine that can messure pressure against the skin.

Bob Ray on 9/15/00 at 16:19 (028309)

Hi John;
Ask the Doctor that developed this technique. He replied to my emails in excellent English. (email removed)
Good luck,
Bob

Jeff D on 10/26/00 at 08:39 (031320)

What is orbasone treatment?